Some of my worst friends are:

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 11:25 am
Francis wrote:
Don't you like Velveeta, Blatham?

Blatham's from Canada. When I was a kid I thought that Velveeta was the national cheese of American summer campers! (Or maybe it was Cheez Whiz) Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 12:11 pm
Actually, francis, I've never tried that product which is, according to some, perhaps the pinnacle of food-like substances derived from complex petroleum distillation processes.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 12:19 pm
My ex mother-in-law would often serve Cheez whiz with saltine crackers and a diet pepsi as a meal.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 12:20 pm
Phoenix and Blatham,

Having been in the USA lots of times, I know the product but never tasted for the very same reasons our Canadian friend Bernie explained...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 12:28 pm
My 'worst friends' are the ones that keep making me go to Wikipedia.

Today I had to go find out what Velveeta was made out of.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 12:37 pm
I just wanted to remind everyone that my daughter's fiance's best friend's mother is named Melveeta.

Melveeta.

That is all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 12:41 pm
Results 1 - 10 of about 127 for melveeta. (0.59 seconds)

whoodathunkit

MelVeeta

Melveeta

Mel Veeta

and then there's this ... hmmmmm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 12:42 pm
When I worked food service at Schraft's, in Manhattan, it was my job to open up huge blocks of Velveta and do whatever it was I did to chunk it up. I had to handle it like like plutonium, because something about the process made my arms break out in a rash.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 01:01 pm
LOL
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 03:49 pm
I still think velveeta is a huge joke you Yankees are perpetrating upon the rest of us...that is, I do not believe it exists.

Francis' comment that he has seen the stuff is making me begin to wonder, though.....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 04:10 pm
Oh too true, Deb.

I looked up Velveeta to see what the ingredients are and it seems there is nothing too icky, just nothing very flavorful. However, and this will turn most stomachs here, I found a recipe for Velveeta Fudge.

This has me stunned. Has America gone mad? Well of course, what was I thinking?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 08:31 pm
One of the things that amazes me is that Velveeta dates back to 1918. I always just kind of assumed it came out in the 1950's.

Velveeta fits in perfectly with the 1950's, even though I was very young then. Psychiatric experts talked openly about "well-adjusted" individuals, (ones who fit in with society seamlessly), people had faith in not just government but major business institutions, everyone was marvelling at new food technolgies like frozen orange juice and even the TV dinner.

Velveeta fits right in. It's utterly bland, (well-adjusted, does not offend anyone), easy to spread for fast snacks, is pushed on us by a huge food company and processed like all get out-with nobody back then asking, "You call this actual food?"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 08:38 pm
It happens I like Velveeta, it's just a bit pricey. Also, it's hard to find nicely sliced and wrapped.

I would send you some, Deb, but it would melt before it got to the post office.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:47 am
It is also a fine buttock emollient.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:48 am
Plain or pimento?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:57 am
porcupine ate through the water line on my jeep. Do you know how I fixed the line temporarily?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:59 am
Bums come in pimento?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 07:01 am
1931 Velveeta© is the first cheese product to gain the American Medical Association's seal of approval.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 07:11 am
1952 Dow Labs, while working on initial formulas for "Linoleum", fortuitously produce the first of the PBCs (pimento bum crusts).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 07:14 am
1937 Velveta [with one e] is introduced in Ger many. The product is such a success that the plant in Lindenberg is barely able to keep up with demand.
0 Replies