Iceland and Greenland cruise

Clary

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 10:05 am
As I've been at home nearly a week, I am getting restless again, and I was attracted to a Saga holiday (!) which is a 17 day cruise to Iceland, Greenland, and bits of Scotland. It's for August 2007 so plenty of time to think. Any ladies who wish to share a cabin could cut my bill by a third?!

Any thoughts on this - anyone done it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,837 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Tico

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:04 pm
No, I haven't done it, but it sounds wonderful (I found the website and the cruise), and I'd love to find a travel partner too. Unfortunately it's a bit too pricey for me, both now and in the forseeable future. But I'll let you know if I win a lottery!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:43 pm
Ah, shame!! Yes, it IS pricy, I'm being a real SKIer - spending kids' inheritance. But it does sound good, doesn't it?
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 03:44 am
Your kids deserve your confidence , Clare :wink:
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 03:59 am
Sounds amazing, think of the landscapes you would see!!
Friends went to Iceland a few years back, I think pint of lager was about £9, pricey but worth it for a one off holiday.

Definately go.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 04:03 am
Ahh, and I have just come up with my remote yet still intense memory of Icelandic...cuisine...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 04:10 am
Stop tempting me with the impossible, Clary! Sad
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 04:20 am
^JB^ wrote:
Ahh, and I have just come up with my remote yet still intense memory of Icelandic...cuisine...

Tell me the worst!!
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:06 am
Something like cow's eyes or goat's genitals which I don't know whether belonged to a male or a female, and also smelly shark buried in the soil for weeks, which just like a bunch of mummies---These are what I hear about. What I did see and did smell and did taste was a kind of, dry cod, whose smell permeated the room I was in at that time and scared off a dozen of my people.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:15 am
^JB^, haven't seen you post in a while - welcome back!
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 11:38 pm
Thank you. Normally, I only have time and mood for sitting down here and posting when I have long holiday. Summer holiday is certainly the case Smile You will see me in the whole of summer (and to msolga and other friends...winter) Wink
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 11:04 am
Keep posting, lad!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:59 pm
^JB^ wrote:
Thank you. Normally, I only have time and mood for sitting down here and posting when I have long holiday. Summer holiday is certainly the case Smile You will see me in the whole of summer (and to msolga and other friends...winter) Wink

Yes, keep posting, lad!
And greetings from the cold place! Very Happy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:44 am
I'm reviving this thread as I REALLY want to go this year or next. Open to suggestions about travelling, cruise is so pricey but with 2 in a cabin, half the single price.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 11:00 am
cabin-marking
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 03:00 am
Now lowering sights a bit, 3 night trip to Reykjavik for £200+ sounds attractive Has to be before June though..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 01:59 pm
I'm going to try to get out to one of the events Icelandair has set up to celebrate their non-stop flights to Rejkavik - starting May 1st!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 04:18 pm
I've booked a 3 night break in Reykjavik, May 14th... marketing for my school of course!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:59 pm
Ooooh.....
0 Replies