How did you treat the Jewish people?

flushd

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 03:59 am
No apology necessary. Smile You're spreading seeds everywhere you go. I hope you never lose that passion. Oh, and thx for the compliment.

Looking forward to learning something here.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 11:18 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I am really interested in the situation in Gaza.

I had previously thought well of Finn, at least to the extent that Craven had said something nice a couple of years ago about his arguments.
At this point I'm over that.

Presently I cannot get a grip on why Israel is doing this glazooey thing to the people in Gaza. I don't understand one smidgeon of why they think what they are doing is ok. I know a soldier is taken.

You may surmise that I've backed off of original pro israeli feelings. Now I think I was out to lunch on that. Some of my change of mind has been from Israeli tactics over time.

I see the middle east as a room of continual retribution.

I am neutral in the coldest way, as in everybody get out of the way of the guns to come. I am primarily sad, even though that sounds like balm from a distance.

The Arabs in Gaza are at war with Israel.
Generally, when someone declares war and attacks you, you fight back.

This is difficult for most people to fathom because most people believe that if you surround yourself with children and fire crude tin can rockets at a superior technological power, then, why, of course, you can't really be "at war." You must jus' be playin'.

Syria still believes this. Eventually, Jordan and Egypt disabused themselves of this notion and stopped making war. And, wonder of wonders, Israel no longer attacks Jordan or Egypt.
Huh.
How the heck did that "cycle of violence" end?

Gaza; the Arabs called Palestinians; Syria; Lebanon; and Iraq, have been at war with Israel for over 50 years.
Israel keeps on whupping their asses and they keep on refusing to surrender.
Egypt and Jordan surrendered after being whupped and now Israel and Egypt and Jordan play nice (even if Egypt and Jordan still hate Israel...).
That seemed to end those "rooms of continual retribution."
Surrender. Kill or otherwise disappear your terrorists. Lay down your arms. And Israel will no longer be at war...
(And, as an added bonus, for those who have a clue about history, Israel would cease to exist as a Jewish State within ten to twenty years, and the Arabs called Palestinians would have their one state - called Israel; sorry, can't have everything - where they would be in total control.)
All they have to do is surrender...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 12:26 am
ossobuco wrote:
Snood, you want me to be quiet? On which sentence? You may be right, of course, my wits are not fully gathered, but still... I seem to have entered a tunnel of reigning orthodoxy on this thread. I have many mixed feelings but I long ago stopped bowing to rightist israeli stuff. I've read enough books about israel to know I am not against every bit of it all, though I started out for it all, but am no longer just a yes person.

I've been busy with relatives in NC for a couple days - hence the delay answering. Not sure what you were replying to osso - the last post I made was simply telling you good night in the classic, unnuanced sense - like "goodnight John Boy", nothing more. From what I could make of the thread, you looked like you were taking some undeserved heat rounds and were going to leave it for a while until the next day - so I was saying sort of "take care, see ya later"....

Did you think I meant something else?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 07:38 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
I like Jews - as long as they don't get uppity.

I know what you mean --- not like some certain negroes.

You calling me an uppity negro?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 07:39 pm
snood wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Precedent, I did that years ago.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 12:21 am
Instead of hastening an inevitability, apparently Israel enjoys the game in the mean time as much as the Palestinian militants do, all the while knowing that eventually there will only be one state, regardless of what it will be called.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 05:53 pm
snood wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

I don't know you well enough to call you uppity or negro.

On A2K, anyone can be uppity, or for that matter, a negro. What you might be like in reality is a complete unknown to me.

In any case, I like uppity negroes and uppity Jews and uppity hispanics (is that the accepted term, or is it latinos?), and uppity Croats. In fact I like anyone who is uppity except a Frenchman and his case the term is redundant.
0 Replies