How did you treat the Jewish people?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 10:55 pm
Ah, I see why. I awakened the Nuance Phobe of the North.

OK, good night then.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 11:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Ah, I see why. I awakened the Nuance Phobe of the North.

OK, good night then.

Cute blather, but you ai'nt up to it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 11:29 pm
Describe to me again why I should pay attention to you, Finn. I started this thread open to conversation with you, even as vitriol or perhaps vienna sausages lymphed through the night sky sent by your typing fingers.

What is the deal, you need to dump on someone you just meet, as in early sliming?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 12:22 am
ossobuco wrote:
Describe to me again why I should pay attention to you, Finn. I started this thread open to conversation with you, even as vitriol or perhaps vienna sausages lymphed through the night sky sent by your typing fingers.

What is the deal, you need to dump on someone you just meet, as in early sliming?

Hey osso, pay no attention to be if that is your wont. I make no demands upon you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 12:48 am
Osso says -
What are these waves of condescension? Re Lash's pov that I am nice, yes I am, except when not. I'm not all so bad at vitriol if I wish to apply it.

Ashamed?
Finn says __________________________________________________________
"That you are a pacifisit is nothing of which to be ashamed. I have a tremendous amount of respect for pacifists, but only if they are true pacificsits, which is to say someone who is willing to die rather than to engage in violence for any reason. Of course by this definition, the number of true pacifists is incredibly small.

Herein lies my roblem with "pacifists": So many lay claim to this mantle and so few of them will abide by its principles, which is to say that no matter what, a pacifist will not engage in violence. Now if you can say that you find it possible to watch a beast rape and kill your daughter without using the baseball in you hand then I will grant you the status of a pacifist.

Under any other circumstances it is a matter of political opinion and not worthy of any claim of asolutist virtue.

A pacifist who can rationalize violence is no pacifist at all."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:00 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
(er, don't assume my "good grief" to mean I am pro Israeli government policy.)

There is this human tendency to categorize the world. That might be more of an evil than much else that seems more obvious.

Heaven forbid!

Actually, most of us were tingling with expectation of what you might have meant.

Good God, some of us did hope beyond hope that "Good Grief" meant that ossobuco had thrown his lot with the Jews, and so it is a damned good thing that you disabuse us of any such ridiculous notion, because while it is a crushing disappointment to learn that you do not support the Jews, we wouldn't want to mistake, for a second, the opinion of ossobuco!

That was such a nasty (& completely unnecessary) response to an inoffensive post, Finn d'Abuzz. Shame on you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:07 am
msolga wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

There is this human tendency to categorize the world. That might be more of an evil than much else that seems more obvious.

Heaven forbid!

Actually, most of us were tingling with expectation of what you might have meant.

Good God, some of us did hope beyond hope that "Good Grief" meant that ossobuco had thrown his lot with the Jews, and so it is a damned good thing that you disabuse us of any such ridiculous notion, because while it is a crushing disappointment to learn that you do not support the Jews, we wouldn't want to mistake, for a second, the opinion of ossobuco!

That was such a nasty (& completely unnecessary) response to an inoffensive post, Finn d'Abuzz. Shame on you.

Shame on you for your high falutin, but cretinous contribution.

Present an argument rather than a slur and I might respond in greater depth.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:12 am
ossobuco wrote:
Osso says -
What are these waves of condescension? Re Lash's pov that I am nice, yes I am, except when not. I'm not all so bad at vitriol if I wish to apply it.

Ashamed?
Finn says __________________________________________________________
"That you are a pacifisit is nothing of which to be ashamed. I have a tremendous amount of respect for pacifists, but only if they are true pacificsits, which is to say someone who is willing to die rather than to engage in violence for any reason. Of course by this definition, the number of true pacifists is incredibly small.

Herein lies my roblem with "pacifists": So many lay claim to this mantle and so few of them will abide by its principles, which is to say that no matter what, a pacifist will not engage in violence. Now if you can say that you find it possible to watch a beast rape and kill your daughter without using the baseball in you hand then I will grant you the status of a pacifist.

Under any other circumstances it is a matter of political opinion and not worthy of any claim of asolutist virtue.

A pacifist who can rationalize violence is no pacifist at all."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ossu

Are you a pacifist or not?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:14 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
msolga wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Heaven forbid!

Shame on you for your high volutin, but cretinous contribution.

So you think your response to osso, then to me, constitutes "an argument rather than a slur"?
This is your idea of "presenting an argument"?
I wouldn't waste my time with you, if this is the likely response. Why the hell would I?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:23 am
msolga wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
msolga wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Heaven forbid!

Shame on you for your high volutin, but cretinous contribution.

So you think your response to osso, then to me, constitutes "an argument rather than a slur"?
This is your idea of "presenting an argument"?
I wouldn't waste my time with you, if this is the likely response. Why the hell would I?

Pass on brother.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:24 am
I am really interested in the situation in Gaza.

I had previously thought well of Finn, at least to the extent that Craven had said something nice a couple of years ago about his arguments.
At this point I'm over that.

Presently I cannot get a grip on why Israel is doing this glazooey thing to the people in Gaza. I don't understand one smidgeon of why they think what they are doing is ok. I know a soldier is taken.

You may surmise that I've backed off of original pro israeli feelings. Now I think I was out to lunch on that. Some of my change of mind has been from Israeli tactics over time.

I see the middle east as a room of continual retribution.

I am neutral in the coldest way, as in everybody get out of the way of the guns to come. I am primarily sad, even though that sounds like balm from a distance.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:25 am
What ever that means.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:26 am
msolga wrote:
What ever that means.

In response to "pass on brother".
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:31 am
... whatever that was supposed to mean. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:36 am
msolga wrote:
What ever that means.

It means "get thee to a nunnery."

It also means, in accordance with modern usage, shut the hell up you pimwe!

I know, I know. I am a disappointment to Craven

Tough...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:39 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
msolga wrote:
What ever that means.

It means "get thee to a nunnery."

It also means, in accordance with modern usage, shut the hell up you pimwe!

I know, I know. I am a disappointment to Craven

Tough...

So this is your idea of "an argument not a slur"?

Interesting.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:58 am
I'm very interested in the situation in Gaza, too, osso. It'd be nice if we could discuss it without the abuse.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 02:07 am
Israel is a self fulfilling prophecy. No?

There is no way god is behind them though.

http://www.washington-report.org/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 02:50 am
I am interested in the situation in Gaza as well. Only recently have I delved beyond the surface layer and my immediete experience (meaning; i've been reading and listening actively).
I've heard stories since I was a lass from my aunt (she was stationed in the area close to 10 yrs). So I had my ideas somewhat pre-formed by her. Mainly: the utter waste and hopelessness it can inspire. I always remember her stories of the kids.

Shout out to Amigo for starting Politics 101 that encouraged me. Thanks, amigo. I liked that thread.

When I first read this article (original post) it was when it was fresh. My reaction had I posted would have been quite similiar to Osso's.

What to say?!

First I was mad, then calmed and read again, then a little more sympathetic, then a sinking sadness.

The article is total sickness. A speck of sand in this huge beach of sickness.

It is too easy and tempting to get sucked into the hate. It starts off innocently enough. You feel you are safe in expressing an opinion: but your very opinion becomes a political action. One without any guiding system...crazy one. Yuck.

......I'll leave it at that for now....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 03:01 am
Sorry I did not keep it up like I said I was. That is a great compliment for me (from a beautiful girl even!).
0 Replies