2
   

Officials: U.S. didn't find WMDs, despite claims

 
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:22 pm
This from the following link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

"The official said the findings did raise questions about the years of weapons inspections that had not resulted in locating the fairly sizeable stash of chemical weapons. And he noted that it may say something about Hussein's intent and desire. The report does suggest that some of the weapons were likely put on the black market and may have been used outside Iraq.

He also said that the Defense Department statement shortly after the March 2003 invasion saying that "we had all known weapons facilities secured," has proven itself to be untrue.

"It turned out the whole country was an ammo dump," he said, adding that on more than one occasion, a conventional weapons site has been uncovered and chemical weapons have been discovered mixed within them."


A few obvious points about this. First of all, Hussein was supposed to have destroyed these weapons. Instead they were hidden or buried. For what purpose one would ask? Obviously to use later or as the reporting suggests, to dispense them into the black market, perhaps to terrorists. Some of these weapons have degraded, but obviously could still be very dangerous. They are WMD. Here in the U.S., we are still arguing over how weapons with mustard gas, etc. can safely be disposed, and they are much, much older. This stuff is potentially very lethal, if applied in certain ways. This clearly demonstrates Hussein had no intention of becoming harmless, and in cohort with terrorists was very dangerous. Bottom line, WMD was found, and probably more will be found. One can argue how old or whether it was any good, but that misses the point. It clearly shows Hussein had every intention of carrying forth his programs as the opportunities allowed. We had no way of knowing what we needed to know from satellite images, and even now that we are on the ground, we still do not know the whole story.
0 Replies
 
yitwail
 
  1  
Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:36 pm
this also from the same link to foxnews:

Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.

"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."


nice try, okie, leaving out the 2 paragraphs actually pertaining to the munitions found that precede all the spin paragraphs you quoted.
0 Replies
 
JustanObserver
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 05:35 am
yitwail wrote:
nice try, okie, leaving out the 2 paragraphs actually pertaining to the munitions found that precede all the spin paragraphs you quoted.



I read that and thought "Oh man, no way is okie THAT desperate to want this to be true that he would selectively quote a paragraph from a news article like that.

But I was wrong. He did.

okie, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Seriously man. That **** is pretty shady. Any little bit of credibility you still had just went down the toilet. And the argument your trying to make absolutely REEKS of desperation.


okie wrote:
Some of these weapons have degraded, but obviously could still be very dangerous. They are WMD.


WRONG. What was found are no more "WMD," than that picture of a rusted pistol I put up on the last page is a "gun."

okie wrote:
Here in the U.S., we are still arguing over how weapons with mustard gas, etc. can safely be disposed, and they are much, much older. This stuff is potentially very lethal, if applied in certain ways.


Yeah, if you scrape the insides out and put it on your breakfast cereral. Your grasping at straws.


okie wrote:
This clearly demonstrates Hussein had no intention of becoming harmless, and in cohort with terrorists was very dangerous.


Did you even TRY to read the linked information I provided on the last page? Probably not. I'll spell it out for you (even though you'll probably ignore it again). THEY WERE BURIED DURING THE WAR WITH IRAN AND FORGOTTEN ABOUT. Christ man, you just REFUSE to see anything you don't agree with, don't you?

okie wrote:
Bottom line, WMD was found, and probably more will be found.


Again with you sticking your head in the sand. If you truly consider what was found to be the WMD's that were touted to justify this war, your batshit crazy.

okie wrote:
One can argue how old or whether it was any good, but that misses the point.


But THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. Oh wait, I understand now. You HAVE to miss that point. Because otherwise, your argument is nothing.


okie wrote:
It clearly shows Hussein had every intention of carrying forth his programs as the opportunities allowed.


Let me repeat what an official from the DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE said: "This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991"

These were pre-1991 shells. This doesn't "clearly" show jack ****. Saddam... aw Christ, why did I even bother? Your not going to understand this if God himself tried. Congrats. Your officially as deluded as BernardR.
0 Replies
 
yitwail
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 06:22 am
JO, at least he gave us the link. :wink:

ditto what you said, pretty much, but if anyone needs more convincing, the only "WMD" found were old & "not in useable conditions." until a post-Desert Storm weapon in useable condition is unearthed, NOTHING has changed. any claim otherwise is purely wishful thinking by war supporters.
0 Replies
 
JustanObserver
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 06:57 am
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/546/crazysantorum9nm.gif
0 Replies
 
yitwail
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:22 am
Laughing
0 Replies
 
JustanObserver
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:06 pm
Here's a nice little gem...

Olberman lays a beautiful smackdown on Santorum about his nonsensical claims.

He has quotes, video comments, experts, and pretty much takes it apart from top to bottom. I'm starting to really like this guy.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO VID
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:46 pm
Keep up the drumbeat guys. but I would caution you not to be too overconfident of your position. Some information is now unclassified, but not all. Trusting that you won't be embarrassed later by further information is pretty trusting. Most of this is not written in stone yet. Some of the politicians you are disparaging are privy to more information than you are.
0 Replies
 
JustanObserver
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 08:51 pm
okie wrote:
Keep up the drumbeat guys. but I would caution you not to be too overconfident of your position. Some information is now unclassified, but not all. Trusting that you won't be embarrassed later by further information is pretty trusting. Most of this is not written in stone yet. Some of the politicians you are disparaging are privy to more information than you are.


Translation: "I'm wrong, but I still refuse to admit it."

We're not talking about "further information" here. We're talking about these claims that Santorum tried to make (and so many people tried to assert as a result).

Turns out he was full of it. I don't expect you to admit that you were wrong (God forbid), but you should at least recognize that fact to yourself.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 09:21 pm
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 11:46 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
Translation: "I'm wrong, but I still refuse to admit it."

We're not talking about "further information" here. We're talking about these claims that Santorum tried to make (and so many people tried to assert as a result).

Turns out he was full of it. I don't expect you to admit that you were wrong (God forbid), but you should at least recognize that fact to yourself.


WMD was found. Not just a few warheads, but 500. Doesn't sound like a matter of misplacement does it? Whether they were made in 1891 or 1991, they are WMD, which all was supposed to be accounted for and destroyed. So, technically, the statement that none were found was a false statement. Admit you are full of it.
0 Replies
 
JustanObserver
 
  1  
Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 12:30 am
okie,

Every singly point you just made has been clearly and conclusively debunked in the thread already. Now your just desperate to get the last word in, no matter how wrong you may be.

Well, good for you.

But feel free to keep repeating that nonsense to yourself if it makes you feel better. Doesn't make it any less false, however. Laughing
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 12:55 am
JustanObserver wrote:
okie,

Every singly point you just made has been clearly and conclusively debunked in the thread already. Now your just desperate to get the last word in, no matter how wrong you may be.

Well, good for you.

But feel free to keep repeating that nonsense to yourself if it makes you feel better. Doesn't make it any less false, however. Laughing


What do we know for sure at this point?

Most intelligence services, including the CIA, said Hussein was still involved in trying to make WMD leading up to the war.

Since we went to war, here is what we've found:
Approximately 500 WMD warheads that were apparently manufactured prior to 1991, which were supposed to have been destroyed. They were instead unknown to and/or intentionally hidden from inspectors by Hussein.

We have conflicting reports concerning whether later WMD was ever made or whether it was transported to Syria or somewhere else.

We have found evidence of parts, equipment, and the scientists that were involved in Hussein's WMD programs.

We have found evidence of Hussein attempting to acquire missile technology that could be used for possible delivery systems of WMD, I believe in the late 90s or later.

We have evidence, some of it conflicting, that Hussein had made contact with Niger for the purpose of later attempting to acquire yellowcake, according to some intelligence experts.

We have established mountains of evidence of the deceptions and evasion by Saddam Hussein leading up to the war.

We have no proof to this day of the Democrats claim that absolutely no dangerous WMD existed in Iraq. Although some accept this as written in stone, no such conclusion can be made at this time.
0 Replies
 
JustanObserver
 
  1  
Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 12:51 pm
It's clear what your trying to do. Cut it out.

THIS thread is talking about Santorums specific comments that he made about finding WMD's.

Don't try to weasle your way out of being wrong by throwing in a ton of other issues to make your argument any less wrong than it's been proven to be.

You want to talk about all that other crap? Sure. Make another thread for it and go nuts (oops... too late for that).

By the way,

okie wrote:
They were instead unknown to and/or intentionally hidden from inspectors by Hussein.


What part of BURIED AND FORGOTTEN ABOUT don't you understand? You have some serious reading comprehension issues. Or more likely, you just refuse to acknowledge information that doesn't fit your already preconcieved notions. Pretty sad.
By the way... did you notice that you're the only person who's still trying to push this bullsh*t story after it's was proven wrong? Learn to take a hint, man.

I've fed into your trolling enough. I won't hold your hand and walk you through this anymore. You were proven wrong and refuse to acknowledge it.
You have my sympathy.


Insert pointless, ignorant, reply below
http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/2829/untitled6fr.jpg
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 09:38 pm
JustanObserver wrote:


Insert pointless, ignorant, reply below


I like your little arrow trick. I'll give you credit for that anyway!

Actually, I think Santorum is a fairly decent guy, so I take him fairly seriously until and if such time that he proves me wrong. Such has not happened yet. As a senator privy to more intelligence information than has been released even now, I don't think you are informed enough to say it is trivial or old news.

So, I am not that interested in arguing over something about which we do not know the full story as of yet - with someone that thinks that everything is known.
0 Replies
 
freedom4free
 
  1  
Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 11:57 am
Quote:
New details on WMD 'fabricator' emerge

The CIA officer took his pen, he recounted in an interview, and crossed out the whole paragraph.

A few days later, the lines were back in the speech. Powell stood before the U.N. Security Council on Feb. 5 and said: "We have first-hand descriptions of biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13493736


This proves that the Bush team KNOWINGLY used false information when they lied the nation into a war.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 05/16/2022 at 02:49:05