Wait your view!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 01:36 am
Rolling Eyes We are facing more and more stress in our work.Especially for professional women .They dont's want other people know whethre they have married fearing for putting them into trouble.What's your view about their opinion???????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 670 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Tico

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:38 am
My view is that the use of the emoticon Rolling Eyes is unnecessary and perhaps even detrimental for your expectation of replies. It indicates irony or sarcasm ~ neither of which would encourage people to answer your post.

Multiple punctuation marks, such as ????? or !!!!!!!. is also unnecessary for attention and gramatically wrong.

Corrected post:

We are facing more and more stress in our work, especially professional women. For fear of trouble, they don't want other people to know that they have married. What's your view of this issue?

What kind of trouble are these professional women expecting and who, specifically, are the "other" people? I can't think of any that is dependent on the married state, therefore I can't express a viewpoint.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:32 am
I've never known anyone to get in trouble on the job because they got married.

In the U.S. and most other places, that would be illegal.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 01:58 pm
Getting married never changed anything for me at work except just the hassle of changing my name.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 02:04 pm
If anyone at work ever got upset with me for getting married (or divorced, for that matter), I would tell them where to get off in no uncertain terms. Then we would meet in court if they were my employer, and I would demand a nice chunk of change for them violating my civil rights.

In short, Nancy, we do not have this problem here in the US. Any busybody who complains and has no authority can be ignored. Anyone with authority who complains is bucking for a lawsuit.
0 Replies