Liberalism failed to set us free. Indeed, it enslaved us

okie

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 04:01 pm
Amigo wrote:

I think what the author is talking about is a new phenomenon unique to western culture. I think it's dominant defining characteristics is neither conservative or liberal but has yet to be understood by scholars. I think this is an epoch in the mutation or evolution of our destiny. And it ain't pretty.

If we don't stop and take a deep look at ourselves collectively we will start world war three.

Aint nothin complicated about it. Human nature is human nature. And war is a natural effect of that fact. Can't be changed. It doesn't take a scholar to figure that out. If we value the principles on which this country was founded, then we will simply attempt to defend it. If we collectively decide it isn't worth defending, then other things will happen, nations will rise and fall, governments will rise and fall, mankind will continue to endure the human condition as a group, time goes on. As of now, we should be extremely grateful at the beginning of every day we have the freedoms and way of life we have. Its about as good as it gets. The man saying we are enslaved is about as far from the truth as can be imagined. I frankly do not know what he is talking about, and I doubt he does either.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 04:57 pm
Wow. So this is your idea of paradise, okie? You make it sound like it...
I hope (but am altogether very pessimistic about the prospect) that the future will be better.
As for... defending your country? From whom exactly?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 05:17 pm
Okie, I'm guessing you regard the use of Naplam as a good means to providing light and heat to indigenous cultures.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 09:17 pm
najmelliw wrote:
Wow. So this is your idea of paradise, okie? You make it sound like it...
I hope (but am altogether very pessimistic about the prospect) that the future will be better.
As for... defending your country? From whom exactly?

Who said anything about paradise? I said its about as good as it can get. What do you expect anyway? As for the future, I simply am a realist. We can strive for peace inasmuch as we are capable, but I tend to agree with Patrick Henry. Can you cite any time in the history of mankind where peace and harmony lasted for a very long time?

Defending against whom? From all the people that don't like us and would like to have what we've worked to obtain here. If you don't think there is a threat, you live in denial. You live ignorant of history. And you are an idealist, not a realist. I prefer to face reality.

dyslexia wrote:
Okie, I'm guessing you regard the use of Naplam as a good means to providing light and heat to indigenous cultures.

I presume you mean "napalm," and no I don't. Where are we doing that now, or are you digging up LBJ's Vietnam war again?
0 Replies