Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:27 pm
My brownies recipe and brownie pan did not match up too well and I ended up with some really thin brownies. I don't want to just toss them but they are really just too flat for any purpose. They do taste okay though.

I'm trying to come up with ideas for some kind of cookie that uses the brownie as a crust and... well.... I'm not coming up with anything.

The only rules is that they can't be refidgerated and that they can be cut into individual servings and piled onto a plate.

I also have a lot of frozen blackberries for a recipe that didn't turn out to be useable. Extra points if you can combinde the blackberries with the brownies.

Any ideas appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,024 • Replies: 31
Topic Closed
No top replies

sozobe

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:29 pm
Brownies. Blackberries. Whipped cream. Sounds good to me.

(But I am not a foodie...)
0 Replies

mac11

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:29 pm
I have no bright ideas, but just want to say - LOVE the thread title! Very Happy
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:30 pm
I'd just keep it simple. Get some Cool Whip or some kind of whipped topping and put it on top of the brownies, and sprinkle the blackberries on top.

And I see sozobe beat me to it while I typed. Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:30 pm
It sounds good to me too!

But it can't be anything that requires utensils to eat or serve. Finger food stuff only. It probably needs to be some kind of sandwich cookie.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:31 pm
Then just put a dollup of whipped cream into the center of each brownie and toss some blackberries onto that. Finger food.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:33 pm
Thanks mac!

I'm thinking anything with whipped topping is going to require refridgeration though.

I don't have to use the blackberries with the brownies.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:33 pm
Thick cookies. I don't see the problem.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:35 pm
roger wrote:
Thick cookies. I don't see the problem.

neither do I. I make brownies that come out flat sometimes too. who the heck cares? i've ever sold them at bake sales too. Just eat the dang on things lol.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:35 pm
They're too thin, not to thick. They might make a stable crust but they are unstable on their own.

I suppose I could just freeze them and use them for something later. I just hate to have this kind of stuff around the house.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:36 pm
Onyx has it! Laughing
0 Replies

onyxelle

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:38 pm
crunch 'em up and mix 'em in some vanilla ice cream.

brownies 'n cream
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:40 pm
These particular brownies are only about 1/2 of an inch thick. They are quite unattractive.

They would be good in ice cream!

I think the brownies need to be repurposed for something other than this particular picnic.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:41 pm
I hate having this kind of stuff around the house, too, Boomerang. I usually get rid of it real quick.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:43 pm
roger wrote:
I hate having this kind of stuff around the house, too, Boomerang. I usually get rid of it real quick.

via ingestion no doubt.

go roger go roger go roger
0 Replies

cyphercat

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:12 pm
We made brownie pizza one time when I was a kid, using a batch of flat brownies as the crust...a friend and I each took a half and got to pick our toppings out of things like m and m's, nuts, etc...Can't remember what the "sauce" was, maybe just frosting? That was a fun use of flat brownies.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:18 pm
Hey cyphercat that gives me an idea!

What about a s'mores type thing. I could get some of that marshmallow fluff stuff, spread it on and top with a graham cracker square.

Each cookie would end up being the size of a quarter graham cracker which is just about right.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:42 pm
You could use the brownies as a base for nanaimo bars, though I think those need to be refrigerated.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:59 pm
Could you use them to make ice cream sandwiches? Use two brownies as a top and bottom with ice cream inbetween - freeze a couple of hours and serve.

(Boomer, you do win the award for A2K Queen of Topic Titles)
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 20 Jun, 2006 02:02 pm
What is a nanaimo bar?

Ice cream sandwiches would definately have to be beyond refridgerated but they would be yummy. Plus, they could be individually wrapped and parceled out.

If I can't salvage them for the picnic I might just try that!
0 Replies