'Friends' Season Finale

anasharinarose

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 05:30 pm
This is how it should be
Monica should be with Chandler, Joey should be with Phoebe, and Rachel should be with Ross. Monica and Chandler have this love connection going on. Joey and Phoebe are both a little ditsy. Rachel and Ross have a baby. It's that simple. I guess to make the show a little interesting they have to make it different. :wink:
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 07:46 pm
Hi all. I know I haven't been around for long time, but I thought I'd check in quickly tonight. Happy new year!
I agree with the plot predictions that Jespah gave. I think Phoebe was set up with Mike, to leave Joey free to depart to LA (aka his spin off sitcom). But I have to add a couple of things. David Schimmer (probably have spelled that name wrong), has roots in theater and is one of the founders of a Chicago Company, so he could easily go back to the stage. However, he directed a few episodes of "Friends," so he may go the TV director route. He did make a couple of films, one with Jason Lee I think (the name of it escapes me) and "The Pallbearer" with Gwenth Paltrow, before she was a big star, and there was a small part in "Six Days Seven Nights" too. However, since he hated his pre-"Friends" TV jobs, the short-lived sitcom "Monty" (with Henry Winkler) and a small reoccuring role on "The Wonder Years" I don't think he'll be a regular TV sitcom guy. Lisa Kudrow is already producing for TV, most recently a movie for the ABC Family Channel called "Picking up and dropping off" with Scott Wolff who was one of the cute siblings on the 90's hit show "Party of Five." She also had some box office success in film with "Romney and Michelle's High School Reunion," and the small supporting roles in Analyze This/That, so I think that door is open for her. I think Jennifer Anniston will go directly to the big screen, and won't be in TV much longer, except for the occasional guest part. Matt LeBlanc who plays Joey (a local Newton, Mass. guy) will get the spin off, and the chances of it being another "Frasier" is slim, he may get a season, or two if lucky. He's had two failed shows though, pre-"Friends," both on Fox, and most likely will continue to work in TV. Matthew Perry has had some film success, but from what I read in the trades, after he may land a regular role on "The West Wing" which I don't watch, but I heard he does well in the character he plays there, and it could be a good transition role for him, not pinning him to comedy. Courtney Cox is producing a design/decorating show with her husband for one of the cable networks, I forget which one, "We" I think, but I think she will continue to work in both TV and film. A weekly series is demanding, especially a sitcom. Kudrow already has a child, Cox has said she wants kids and they are trying. Anniston is adept at avoiding the question, since she is Mrs. Brad Pitt. The kid factor does lead into the workload, so I would say Ms. Cox has the best chance of becoming the mini-series or dramedy actress, ie Lifetime movies, she could be our new Valerie Bertanelli or Melissa Gilbert. We'll have to tune in and see. Take care!
: )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 07:52 pm
Oh, thanks for that link, Rae. Just saw it.

Interesting run-down, edithdoll!
0 Replies

00balcksab

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 07:23 pm
Evil or Very Mad im amd at me ! i didnt see anything on tv about the finale and there was no e mail about it!
0 Replies