LINKIN PARK: (you all are probably tooo old.)

Rae

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 05:29 pm
By the way.....

Who are you calling bad? I'm the nicest person you'd ever want to meet!

Sometimes.

Every once in a while.

Often enough to keep the subconscience satisfied.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 06:35 pm
Uh-huh...I'll bet when you're bad, you're even better. Twisted Evil

That's the amazing thing about steel bands, Rae. they don't collaborate. They produce all the sounds of a symphony orchestra, with steel drums! If you ever get a chance, go see one perform. You wouldn't believe it on record.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 03:26 am
the shock music,a way of venting
Shocked oh,excited to see so many Linkin Park's fans from teenages to middle-aged.
through a accidental oppotunity,i listened to a CD relevent to Linkin Park.it really amaze me from the mind to my body.their music con tains various elemrnts such as ROCK,RAP,JAZZ etc.it is the highest degree of the music which makes you revive and reborn.
but do you know the origin of the band name?
the five members come from five different continents.it's the music that combines them together,thus they produce the great rhythm&melody.let's enjoy them from the bottom of heart.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 06:33 am
Welcome to A2K, koolplay![/b]
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 06:48 am
I hear that Metallica's next project will be with a steel band, now that they have done the 'orchestra' thing. Laughing

Steel bands are awesome to see. I agree, the music doesn't come off as well on recordings. Has anyone seen the Kodo drummers? That was an awesome show...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 05:29 pm
ohh...Id love to hear Metallica with a steel band..thats interesting.
0 Replies

AA Bottom

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 07:18 pm

I saw Linkin Park at the Summer of Sanitarium concert in Michigan for the 4th of July. They (among the other bands) played fantastically. CHESTER is hot!!!!!!
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 03:09 am
oh,AA_Bottom,you are so lucky that attend the Linkin Park's concert.it must have been very high,wasn't it?
it did stimulate your blood boiling,did you shake your head crazily?
0 Replies

The Unholy Hypocrite

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 08:07 pm
I can't say i have ever cared much for Linkin Park's music. I've heard they're not good live either but i'll wait until next week to comment on that.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 09:15 pm
Hi. My name is Rae. And I think Linkin Park is awesome. I bought their first cd almost three years ago.

Yes, I'm an old fart.

Know what I have to say to that?

Bite me. :wink:
0 Replies

dizzy2003

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:11 pm
hi ,
y the hell dont u like eminem
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 12:27 am
dizzy2003 ~ welcome to A2K. And who is the question being fired at? I like eminem's 'mainstream' songs.....don't care for much else. He's a very talented young man ~ I give him that much.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 01:29 am
I've become an instant fan of 'Maroon 5' ~ with their premier song of 'Harder to Breathe'.

This song is awesome. Anyone else interested in them?
0 Replies

invidious cynic

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:22 pm
cavfancier wrote:
One of my personal favorites is Nick Cave. He has been known to use the odd curse, but generally, his writing is more important to him than spewing out a litany of swear words. I love the way he captures what I might call 'American Gothic' imagery, mixing the biblical with the base. Here is one small example:

Nice to see another fan of Nick Cave's lyrics. Smile I too enjoy following the lyrics when listening to his songs.

I used to enjoy Linkin Park's music when Hybrid Theory first came out, but I've gotten tired of quite soon. I don't know, I guess it's just not the kind of music that would occupy me for a longer period of time.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:42 pm
They are already running out of ideas IMO.

I am taking my daughter to a Cold all ages show wednesday and that should be really good.

What's unfair is that I get critized by people my age for "hanging out with the kids" and still being a rocker and the kids make remarks like "you're old enough to be my daddy." That's when I usually reply "Well honey, what's your mothers' name?" Generally the wit is lost on them....

I just wrote a song dealing with that very subject... it's called "**** You" . Truly. It's a thrashing metal tune. I like it. Very Happy
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 06:38 pm
I used to like Linkin Park, but when they got to big for my back pocket, i turned my back on them. But they probably didn't even feel it. It is very annoying when you like a band after "One Step Closer" and about 2 other people you know likes them, and then they explode with infectious pop tunes. SO VERY ANNOYING!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 06:40 pm
Are you guys being serious about like LP's lyrics?

They are generic and meaningless. AND SO VERY ANNOYING!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 06:42 pm
If you guys want lyrical meaning, listen to Zakk Wylde, particularly "Book of Shadows".
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 06:44 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
They are already running out of ideas IMO.

I am taking my daughter to a Cold all ages show wednesday and that should be really good.

What's unfair is that I get critized by people my age for "hanging out with the kids" and still being a rocker and the kids make remarks like "you're old enough to be my daddy." That's when I usually reply "Well honey, what's your mothers' name?" Generally the wit is lost on them....

I just wrote a song dealing with that very subject... it's called "**** You" . Truly. It's a thrashing metal tune. I like it. Very Happy

NICE JOB ON THE YOUR TO OLD TO ROCK COME BACK!!

really good job Very Happy
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 06:58 pm
Letty wrote:
Just found a great tape of Taj Mahal, gvapid. Really cool (but you're probable too young) Laughing

Incidentally, welcome to A2K

Hey, Letty I am young and check this out(I didn't use any internet sources. All this is from memory.)

Champagne don't drive me crazy, Cocaine don't make me lazy. Aint nobodies business but my own!!!

I really like that song.
0 Replies