feel sorry for my parents

sfsling

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:15 am
I am a girl,I do not whether it is allowed to speak here. But I want to speak something about my feeling.Now I am in university,my parents are working out,my younger brother also works out.I am the only person who spend money in my family. But in this university, I come across a lot of unpleasant things,and I feel I have made my parents disappointed.So now I feel very sorry for my parents. And sometimes,I say to myself,maybe I am lacking of love and responsibility.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 787 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:37 am
Sfsling--

Girls, Boys, Women and Men are all allowed to speak out in most of the English-speaking world.

Your university years are a time when you are growing and changing. Of course you are going to make some mistakes. Your parents may be momentarily disappointed, but I'm sure that they still love you and take pride in your accomplishments.

Are you the first in your family to attend university?

By the way "works out" is an English idiom for exercising. Do you mean "exercising" or do you mean that your parents and brothers all work outside the home to earn money?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:01 am
You do not have to tell your parents everything you do.

It is acceptable to keep things private in your life. Espically if it will cause harm to your parents.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:27 am
Thank God my parents never knew HALF the nonsense I got myself involved in!

Of course, I want to know everything that my own kids are up to...

Ahh, the joys of parenthood!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 11:10 am
Re: feel sorry for my parents
sfsling wrote:
I am a girl,I do not whether it is allowed to speak here. But I want to speak something about my feeling.Now I am in university,my parents are working out,my younger brother also works out.I am the only person who spend money in my family. But in this university, I come across a lot of unpleasant things,and I feel I have made my parents disappointed.So now I feel very sorry for my parents. And sometimes,I say to myself,maybe I am lacking of love and responsibility.

Sounds to me,like you're growing up to be a mature, and responsible woman. Good for you! Enjoy your time at school.
While you feel compassion for your parents, I don't think you need to pity them.

Best to enjoy your youth, while you have it.
0 Replies