Vanity be cursed!!!

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 08:34 am
Whine away--just don't nibble.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:23 pm
Allmost finished....zzzzz. Slept 2 hours. Feeling kinda weird, spacy, eyes cannot see, but just another hour or two, and off it goes. It ain't bad either. Next time, if I ever write anything again..... ahggggh, no i will not.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 04:00 pm
you're almost finished--and definitely wiser.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:28 pm
Gah! Again! She did it again! I'm almost finished, completely ignoring her text, doing my own research, my own writing. It is easier. But I couldn't help myself and I googled a few words from the last 3 pages of her draft - all lifted. Word to word translation. Not cited. How DUMB is that?! I hope she gets flogged. There is a nasty email in the writing coming the editor's way soon.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:43 pm
Good. She's trying to steal someone else's immortality.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 08:25 pm
Ha. I had to fish this whining thread out. I did sooo much work on that chapter, like never before. Editors were all around great as well. Lots of thorough and detailed editing, which helped a lot. And they were uch pleased. This is plain bragging, but the main editor did tell me that its now the strongest chapter in the book. Since I had to rewrite and research from scratch, the politicl background analysis i was asked to supplement was thorough, plus the legal stuff of the horrid original "author" helped provide good legal background, so it had both. I can't believe it's done. Half a year later, after much back and forth, sweat, cursing, and even tears.
Anyway, the book is coming out this month, or soon anyway. It's on Amazon saying 'soon to come' or something. I'm so bloody proud, I had to tell someone.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 08:31 pm
That's exciting!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 09:25 pm
A total page-turner. This is it. Although, except for nimh there probably isn't another sould here that would voluntarily read that stuff.
0 Replies