Opinion Corner - Post your art here

Mame

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:37 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/BBU2/2787e2f5.jpg

This is my latest...It's 5' wide by 3' high and it'll be going on a coloured wall. It's a different style for me. I'm thinking I like it. Your opinions, please?

Also, please post your art here if you're looking for opinions. Even if no one else does, I'll give one Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,381 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Mame

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:38 am
WallHanging - applique
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/BBU2/SuesHouse014.jpg

This is a baby Wall Hanging I made for a friend's baby. It fits a large crib, so whatever size that is... 4' x 3'? Something like that.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 10:13 am
Those are beautiful, Mame. I wish I had some artistic talent to post here and share with you, but I don't.
I've been in the market for one about the size of your first one for some time, to go in my living room over my couch. I've seen commercials for the starving artists sales in my area, but haven't gone yet. I'll be heading to the next one, though.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 11:40 am
Thank you, TSA - I just paint for a hobby. I hope find what you enjoy and just dive in. Turns out my elder sister, who can't draw a squiggly line, is a beautiful sculptor. Who knew? Smile
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 11:49 am
You have a lot of talent for someone who only does this as a hobby. These are works anyone would be proud to display in their home.
I tried my hand at drawing, painting, sculpting, several different artistic forms of that like. I never could get good at it, though. I found other outlets. I do enjoy writing and poetry. If I could paint with words the way you paint with colors, I could retire tomorrow.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 02:54 pm
Well, thank you! I was hoping, though, to have a sharing going on... rather than looking through 50 threads, put a bunch of them in one...
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:00 pm
You're very welcome. And by all means, share away. I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I think your work is fantastic and wanted to tell you. If I had anything to put up, I would. Surely someone else here has some work they'd like to share.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:34 pm
Well, thank you very much. And hijack it all you want - I'd love to see someone else's stuff.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 11:07 am
cute quilt Very Happy

I've just put some recent sketches on Farmers new projects thread - you can see it there
0 Replies

bloggo

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 09:18 am
ooh
Mame, I think your picture is gorgeous! And quite cool that it's so big.
Razz
hehe.. The quilt is pretty damn cute as well!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 09:19 am
Mame, it reminds me of a calm version of the Hokusai pictures.
Yours is far more relaxing.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:56 pm
Mame, I LOVE your painting. What vitality, harmony and feeling!!!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:40 pm
Well, thank you three... very nice compliments... it feels happy and makes me feel happy when I look at it. Now, do you have anything to show us? Come on, I don't want this thread to be about me. Please post something Smile even if a relative did it... Smile
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:04 pm
Mame, I don't know how to post my works yet--I'm still conquering the ball-point pen, but on "JLNobody's Painting"(in this forum) there are some old works that our departed friend, Joanne Dorel and LittleK, posted for me a while ago.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:48 pm
okay, i'll go have a look, and then i'll get back, but i'm not sure when.

you have to post your pics on something like photobucket or tinypics or shutterfly... then you grab the tag liine and drop it in here. there's a how to in the forum section that explains it better. but it's dead easy.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:55 pm
very evocative, jl... really. that was decent of them to scan them and i'm laughing at you still not knowing (or caring, probably!) how to upload them yourself!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/BBU2/aquabus.jpg

here's Aquabus - from Granville Island, Vancouver, BC...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/BBU2/2695.jpg

and this is a sort of collagey-type one of vancouver
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:57 pm
This here is Irish Boats... a composite of three photos from Ireland...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/BBU2/1c4c3b19.jpg

and this is my hubby and son, about 10 yrs ago...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/BBU2/Myboys.jpg
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 10:01 pm
Super stuff (and great water). You're perceptive: I don't really want to learn some things. But at least I'm becoming ambivalent.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 10:06 pm
Isn't it interesting how different our own art can be and is, never mind someone else's? I know someone who just does circles... she's totally besotted with them. And then there are the one-stroke painters that I've seen on tv. did you take lessons and do you make your living at it?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 11:02 pm
I studied art in the mid-fifties and then quit to take up a different career. After retirement I resumed painting, just for the pleasure of it. A great way to live.
0 Replies