A2K London Meet II

hiama

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 06:00 pm
G- sounds great-wish I had been there !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 06:00 pm
Gautam, Sounds like a 'classic' A2K Get-together; excellent time had by all! c.i.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 01:23 pm
Mrs McTag nearly dragged me down there, even one day before our big trip to Eurp, but it was really impracticable for us. So sorry we couldn't make it. Maybe next time.....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:19 am
Btw, where is Fiona - havent seen her around for a long time - how can she resist all the wonderful people here - especially me !!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 06:26 am
Well, gautam, we had had some nice days here (and Fiona and McTag some more in Franconia and at the Rhine River) - might well be, she has to recover now :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 02:39 pm
Gautam- just seen your post. We have just come back from holiday and so have not been keeping up- I'll tell her ladyship you were asking after her, and I'm sure you'll hear from her soon.
The weather's just turned rainy here, on Wimbledon, Glastonbury, and me. Still, we had great weather and a great time in Germany.
I joined a gym today to try to trim my burgeoning waistline back a bit & get fitter. Too many Sahnetorte and Schauefelae, too much Kartoffelsalat & Bier.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:02 am
Well, I'm B-a-a-a-c-c-c-kkk!

Meeting Super G was a hoot! He kept my batphone running hot with text messages until he finally arrived, then proceeded to try and get me drunk on margaritas (wonder why?!)

He's such a character - great face - very expressive! Fortunately, for me, there are no photos. G had threatened, and then forgot his, thank goodness. I hate photos (that's why I prefer to hold the camera!)

G was in fine fighting form, and the dribbling and drooling had stopped, so he was more or less coherent! I failed to notice, shock, horror! that the buttons were missing from his jacket sleeve, until he pointed it out! You mean, a sleeve has buttons - whatever for? He was seriously dressed to kill - bankers' uniform. A pity R wasn't in town to observe him -I would have loved to meet him, too.

We had a great night - and I was sorry the rest of you couldn't make it. It's unlikely I'll hit Europe again for a while - unless you want to take up a collection towards costs. (and that flight is a killer in economy class!)

The rest of my holiday was great, too - Sweden is unbelievably beautiful in summer - when the sun is shining. I hit a heatwave in Switzerland - 36 degrees C (about 96F) at 6.30am. Really unexpectedly hot and humid. Whooda thunk?

Back home and back to work. Sad I'll have to start thinking about a new project, or go insane!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:09 am
G'day, margo, and I'm glad, you had such a nice time overseas!

Have an easy start at work!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 02:51 am
MArgo !!! MWah Mwah !!!!

Good to have u back !!!
0 Replies

FionaB

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 03:29 pm
Hi there guys

Thanks for thinking of me Gautam - I really appreciate it!

I have been somewhat distracted recently- I don't seem to be dealing with the demands of life very well at the mo. What with work and all the domestic scene (which I don't do much these days) I'm just getting too too old for it all!!

Walter is right I am still getting over the wonderful holiday in Germany. Our hosts were FANTASTIC so kind and keen to show us Germany. I was straight back to work the day after we got back and so my first day off,( last Friday) I ended up sleeping all morning and again on Saturday morning! BUT it was all worth it. We loved EVERY MINUTE.

It was great to hear about the visit to London Gautam and Margot - such sparkling company!! I really wish I had been able to go. Had we not been away the next day we would have been there! Trouble is when I hear an aussie accent it makes me all homesick for my time there. I was very tempted to take up an offer of work from my old boss in Sydney during my first return trip in 26 years in Nov 01. All my old friends made me feel so welcome it was a real wrench coming away home to the UK!! Ahh well......

FionaB
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 06:37 am
A Fiona sighting !!!!!!!!!!! Good to see ya !!!

You old ? Old did u say ? Naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Mr McTag - u better so something abt it - and quick !!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:08 am
Well, this sounds like a fun time for Guatam and Margo. My friend Janet loved Margo. Said she was the nicest and the funniest and the most like me. Thrilled to find out Guatam is a chatterbox! Can you walk & talk, or only while schmoozing with friends?

Fiona & McTag went to visit Walter? Were there mud baths involved? Fascinating.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:12 am
No " mud bathing" for Fiona and McTag, Piffka. (Only some swimming for Mrs. Steve (as 41oo), who were here a couple of weeks before.)
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:57 am
I can't get a good mud bath around here anywhere.

I could do with a coupla weeks in a health spa, on lettuce and filtered water.

McT
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:41 am
Nice to see all of you still visiting this forum to keep the rest of us updated on your lives. c.i.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 12:25 pm
Lettuce, filtered water and mud? Very Happy What a combo!
0 Replies

FionaB

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 04:15 pm
It's awful to have to go on to an open discussion forum to learn that one's partner wants only lettuce and filtered water. Makes it a lot easier for me so I'm not really complaining.

Just come back from a play at the most brilliant theatre in the world - The Royal Exchange in Manchester UK. It's in the round and so initimate and all the productions are so clever. The play tonight was very apposite for us down trodden women- Hobson's Choice. It was excellent. It received 5* in one of the broadsheets.

btw we never got time to go for a swim in mud or otherwise - there was just so much to see and do! And we loved every minute of it. Thanks again Mr and Mrs Walter.

FionaB
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 04:20 pm
Fiona

It was a pleasure!

(On the other hand, mud, lettace and water wouldn't have been a problem neither :wink: - although our 'Kurtheater' can't compete against the Rooyal Exhance Sad )
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 03:22 am
A mud bath !! [sigh] THUD

Ever done any mud wrestling ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 05:18 am
Watched it.

Unfortunately pics are only for 21+ (and so neither Fiona nor you, gautam, could see them :wink: ).
0 Replies