A2K London Meet II

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 09:11 am
as one of the grand coalition members, i'll lend my hand to advance the cause. i can even help prepare the UK troops - i'll be in London 2nd-5th October. anyone will be around?
0 Replies

FionaB

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 11:45 am
ehBeth

Apologies for taking so long to thank you for posting my pixs in your backyard album. I don't get on to the old computer every day, there's a bit of competition in this household! BTW I was the photographer.

Just had a really pleasant evening with Steve and Mrs Steve or perhaps I should say one of the Generals last night in a local hostelry near home.

Dagmaraka

Would love to meet up but no plans as yet to be in London that weekend. We have to visit London again next weekend and there are some family visits coming up so it's a bit difficult to say at the moment.

FionaB
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 11:48 am
Good to see that this forum is alive and well. Just returned from a trans-Canada train tour with the wife, and enjoyed Canada from trains and busses. Even went on a harbor cruise in Vancouver. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 11:49 am
BTW, fiona, how about posting the link to the photos? c.i.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 12:06 pm
Hi, c.i.
Fiona is looking over my shoulder!

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/picview.jsp?album=20390

This is a link to ehBeth's site where some of the pictures are: more are to be seen in the posts around and after Page 21 of this thread.

Our best to you- we haven't forgotten that walk by Hyde Park for the last uptown tube!

McT
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 12:14 pm
McTag, Thanks for sharing those great pictures! I love to take pictures of flowers too, and took many at the Montreal botanical gardens. Will post some when I'm able to find them among the 500+ photos I took on our trip to Canada. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 12:55 pm
The other pics are on littlek's thread, c.i.

dagmar

I'd like to come over to London again, but unfortunately I've similar reasons like FionaB, which are speaking against that Sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 02:09 pm
just editing, and posting, the pix i took when Setanta, Cleo, Bailey and I went to Kingston Mills to watch (hopefully) the train c.i. and mrs. c.i. were on when they travelled from Montreal to Toronto.
0 Replies

FionaB

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 03:22 pm
c.i.

Just so there is no misunderstanding the beautiful pictures of flowers were taken by ehBeth. She very kindly posted my three pictures of the visit to London because I could not post them on the thread. I don't really understand the processes for posting pictures. I can email them as attachments but that's all.

Hey, c.i. I always wanted to do that cross Canada trip on the train particularly in Winter. I once saw an IMAX film of that very thing and it was so exciting and dramatic. I regret not doing the train trip across Australia when I lived there but one can't do everything.

Looking forward to the pictures.

FionaB
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 03:57 pm
Fiona, The trans-Canada trip is all it's cracked up to be and more. When you get the chance, also do the gold leaf service on the Rocky Montaineer from Kamloops to Vancouver. The food and views are better than excellent, and that's saying something! I'll try to post a photo of the inside of the Rocky Mountaineer - I hope within a few minutes. c.i.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 02:56 am
dagmaraka wrote:
as one of the grand coalition members, i'll lend my hand to advance the cause. i can even help prepare the UK troops - i'll be in London 2nd-5th October. anyone will be around?

Ofcourse !!! I will be here !!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 07:23 am
hiya gautam!
i will be going to a wedding on the fourth, but otherwise i should have friday and sunday free! would love to meet and do something wild and adventurous. or have a beer. one or the other, your pick hee hee.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 02:19 pm
Dag
Gautam's away for a coupla weeks - gone home to mama!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 12:31 pm
Mrs Steve (Generalissimo Feldmarschall 41oo Army) wishes it known that She has a name, and it is....wait for it....Rosamund.

So we are now an internet duo Ros, and Mr Ros41oo.

McTaggies, just got back from Guisbough so been away computerwise for a while. Great to see you again last w/e super eating place, wish we had similiar in walking distance here!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:47 pm
Well, say hey to General Rosamund!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:35 pm
Sometimes, "Generalissimo" turns into "Your Highness." Wink
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 01:45 am
Rosamund, what a pretty name.

I suppose the High Command know we sometimes refer to them as Mrs X as a gentle wind-up, like " 'er indoors".

But also, it helps to identify who is with whom, I suppose.
Does this mean the Generallissomemore will be writing here in an independent capacity? or has she got important things to do?

Sir! Permission to have breakfast, Sir!

Bye for now,

McT
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 04:18 pm
Mrs Feldmarschallmissimosomemore has given me authority to reply on her behalf. She can't be bothered with the computer, far too slow. And there are (is) field headquarters staff (person) employed to do it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 10:37 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
She can't be bothered with the computer, far too slow.

Ohhhhh. Shocked

Ahhhhh! It's the computer, which is slow, I see :wink:
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 01:43 pm
Walter

Like skating on thin ice, do you? Twisted Evil Razz
0 Replies