Time To Put The Fear Of God In Joe Lunchbox Again

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:07 am
old gerorge, like Barney Fife, will soon have only one bullet for his gun.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20060602-104715-8608r.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 425 • Replies: 6
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:46 am
You mean he's abandoned his 9/11 "little black dress?"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:52 am
hard to believe I realize....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 12:27 pm
The bastard will be there to torment the **** out of us over two more years.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 01:15 pm
I don't know how he thinks this is a good idea. I'm sure he'll regain SOME of his base with this tactic, but I'd think it just reeks of desperation to most people. Especially with how Iraq is going at this point.

I can't speak for others, but when I saw a headline about this, the first thing I thought was "Wait... Iraq is going to sh*t, russian diplomats were just killed, the true costs of the war are coming to light, a terrorist plot was just uncovered in Canada, and THIS is what he's harping on? Are you f*cking kidding me?"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 01:28 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
I don't know how he thinks this is a good idea. I'm sure he'll regain SOME of his base with this tactic, but I'd think it just reeks of desperation to most people. Especially with how Iraq is going at this point.

I can't speak for others, but when I saw a headline about this, the first thing I thought was "Wait... Iraq is going to sh*t, russian diplomats were just killed, the true costs of the war are coming to light, a terrorist plot was just uncovered in Canada, and THIS is what he's harping on? Are you f*cking kidding me?"

yes but you are not part of his base... Joe Lunchbox is....
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 11:27 am
It's not going to work as well for him as he hopes.

One of the reasons it worked for Bush and the Republicans in the past was the shock value of gay marriage. It really was not in the forefront until a few years ago.

Well, it's been kicked around for awhile now, and even though a majority of Americans oppose it, they aren't shocked by the discussion anymore. In addition, the public grows a little more accepting of homosexuality every year, and Bush is going to experience reduced support on the issue.

It's an indication of how desperate Bush is for any kind of support that he has to bank on an issue that he knows won't pay off for him as well as it once did. But he has no alternatives.
0 Replies