The Trinity in 5 verses flat

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:47 pm
One I will not sit here and type out 50 verses to try to prove or disprove the trinity.

I will only do 5 verses at a time. If you have a counter verse or verses I ask that you keep your posts to 5 verses max. THanks.

Verse One.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who is the us, right here at the very beginning of the bible we see God saying that God is an US. Who is the US??????
Who is the our, again two times in this verse God says that God is both a US and a OUR. Those words are plural aren't they????

And you know what just that one verse settles the whole arguement GOD IS A MULTIPLE PERSON BEING. That one verse and that one verse alone proves it. I don't even need to use any other verses really to prove the multiple beings in God.

Verse Two:
1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Whoa there we have it the answer to what the trinity means. THESE THREE ARE ONE. What three? Well the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost of course.

Verse Three and Four
Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now with these two verses and further reading in John 1 we find that the Word is Jesus. so I John 5:7 is basically saying that the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are one.

Now for my Fifth and last verse.
Luk 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and [he] to whom the Son will reveal [him].

O wow no one can know the father or the son unless the son reveals it to them. So unless you believe in the Son you can not know the father, so any one who does not believe in the son has no right in trying to claim the know the father, and neither do they have any right to try to argue against christ, for if christ does not reveal the truth to them then they know not what they are talking about and are just rambling about in spiritual darkness, being blind and leading others in the paths of darkness, where at then end of said path is a pit of fire.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,448 • Replies: 83
No top replies

real life

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 12:19 am
Re: The Trinity in 5 verses flat
Scott777ab wrote:
One I will not sit here and type out 50 verses to try to prove or disprove the trinity.

I will only do 5 verses at a time. If you have a counter verse or verses I ask that you keep your posts to 5 verses max. THanks.

Verse One.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who is the us, right here at the very beginning of the bible we see God saying that God is an US. Who is the US??????
Who is the our, again two times in this verse God says that God is both a US and a OUR. Those words are plural aren't they????

And you know what just that one verse settles the whole arguement GOD IS A MULTIPLE PERSON BEING. That one verse and that one verse alone proves it. I don't even need to use any other verses really to prove the multiple beings in God.

Verse Two:
1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Whoa there we have it the answer to what the trinity means. THESE THREE ARE ONE. What three? Well the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost of course.

Verse Three and Four
Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now with these two verses and further reading in John 1 we find that the Word is Jesus. so I John 5:7 is basically saying that the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are one.

Now for my Fifth and last verse.
Luk 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and [he] to whom the Son will reveal [him].

O wow no one can know the father or the son unless the son reveals it to them. So unless you believe in the Son you can not know the father, so any one who does not believe in the son has no right in trying to claim the know the father, and neither do they have any right to try to argue against christ, for if christ does not reveal the truth to them then they know not what they are talking about and are just rambling about in spiritual darkness, being blind and leading others in the paths of darkness, where at then end of said path is a pit of fire.

There is little doubt that the Bible does indeed teach that Jesus Christ is God; the same as the God of the Old Testament.

Hebrews chapter 1 quotes several verses from the Old Testament which refer specifically to Jehovah, and the writer of Hebrews says that these are in reference to the Son (Jesus) -- i.e. that He is the creator of the heavens and earth.

John the Baptist quoted the Old Testament as he identified himself as one who preceded and prepared the way for Jehovah. This as he prepared the Judean people for Jesus' ministry a few short months from that day.

--------------------------------

Also John, in the Revelation, quotes Christ as being 'He who was dead and now lives' (Rev 1 & Rev 2) as also the same one who will be the God of him who overcomes (Rev 21) , since He is identified throughout the book as being the 'Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and End, the First and Last' (Rev 22)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 03:55 pm
Who resurrected Jesus? His better third?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 03:57 pm
yada
yada yada
yada yada yada.
The cows came home but the sheep were lost.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 04:00 pm
We need a File or Place for "Lecture" posters.

Who are you talking to? I'm glad I only skimmed.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 04:08 pm
flushd wrote:
We need a File or Place for "Lecture" posters.

Who are you talking to? I'm glad I only skimmed.

Lecture. I was not trying to lecture any one, I only posted my personal belief in and as short of a post that i could.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 04:35 pm
neologist wrote:

Quote:
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
John 10:17-18
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 04:44 pm
real life wrote:
neologist wrote:

Quote:
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
John 10:17-18
So, Jesus wasn't really dead? He still had power? What kind of dead was he?

The living dead?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 04:52 pm
Scott,

I think you did a fine job on explaining the trinity as it appears to be in the Bible. As a matter of fact, I am (if it is ok with you) going to make a copy of what you posted. I ran into someone today that wanted to know about the trinity concept. I believe your post will be perfect. Thank you so much for posting it.

Real Life,

I'll let you deal with our buddy, Neo. Neo, I still love ya! Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:05 pm
love is no way to treat a friend.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:10 pm
Hi Dyslexia,

How are you? Please give Lady Diane my regards!
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:12 pm
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Scott,

I think you did a fine job on explaining the trinity as it appears to be in the Bible. As a matter of fact, I am (if it is ok with you) going to make a copy of what you posted. I ran into someone today that wanted to know about the trinity concept. I believe your post will be perfect. Thank you so much for posting it.

Real Life,

I'll let you deal with our buddy, Neo. Neo, I still love ya! Laughing

Woah that is a frist. THank you momma Angel. I did not realise that someone would actually appreiate my weird train of thoughts. Yes i know i come at the bible in a wierd way. But arn't those who GOd calls weird to those who are not called. They see the called as fantics, crazies and whatever else. Well i would rather be fantically right, than definately wrong. So if you deluded Lucifer is Jesus people want to think i am a fantic then go right ahead, but then i say right back at you, your a fantic too. You fantically disbelief what you are told is the truth and fantically try to scriptor twist every verse in the bible to suit your own personal corrupt lifestyles.

I won't do that with myself.
I know i am corrupt
I smoke, cuss, and think god is unjust.
All that deems me worthy of hell.
ANd i know it to be true, but will i sit back and try to use the bible to make my sins less. NO. Cause in doing so i make them greater.

So to all you ""FANTICALLY"" , ""DISBELIEVEING"" , "" GOD HATERS"" stop trying to pull out the thorn in my eyes, while you have a log in yours.

EDIT: tell me more about this person who wanted to know more about the trinity concept.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:07 pm
Scott,

I'm right there with you on your line of thinking, hon. The only place we seem to differ right now is I don't think God is unjust. But that's ok. I am of a mind that there is not one single person on the face of this earth that has 100% of the truth of the Bible. There are just too many interpretations out there. And I too, would rather have my strong beliefs than I would not believing.

I doubt you will find many that will actually call themselves God Haters. I have thought that a few times and what I get back in response is they hate religion. And, you can't really blame them for some of that. There have been many in history and even today that use the Word of God to justify their actions in hurting others and for selfish gain. I only wish they would realize that not all believers are like that and take each believer on an individual basis.

The person I was talking to today was really having a problem grasping the trinity concept. She was more of the but if Jesus is God then did He pray to Himself stage. I admit the trinity concept is not easily grasped and especially hard to explain to someone, but once they get it, they get it. I have sent what you posted on to her and I am hoping it helps.

Thanx again!
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

The person I was talking to today was really having a problem grasping the trinity concept. She was more of the but if Jesus is God then did He pray to Himself stage. I admit the trinity concept is not easily grasped and especially hard to explain to someone, but once they get it, they get it. I have sent what you posted on to her and I am hoping it helps.

Thanx again!

Father, Son and Holy Ghost is what the bible teaches is God.
DOes not the bible also teach that the Son set himself below the father.
Of course it does.
SImple answer he was praying to the Father, the one he decided to submit too even though they are all one god, the son sumbitted to the fathers will.

And the holy ghost submits himself to the father and son's will. Hence the verses that declare that the spirit comes from the father and son.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:53 pm
Exactly. I'm cutting and pasting that too and sending it on! Thanx, Scott!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:19 pm
Who left the fantic portal open?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:58 pm
They come out a night after the lawn sprinklers have shut off. No telling what will grow there after it gets wet.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:13 pm
We need a weed wacker!
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:41 pm
THis is so fun to be thought of as a fantic when i dont even trust GOd .

Hmmmm kind of weird feeling.
LOL
0 Replies