Wiretapping is OK!!!

NickFun

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:24 pm
I was a mere 14-year-old youth when President Nixon resigned in '74. Nixon was forced to resign in disgrace for bugging a single office, The entire country was outraged. The word "Nixon" will always be equated with "criminal".

Now things are different. Bush has taken it upon himself to bug THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!!! Why are we not OUTRAGED??? If this were the 70's we'd be pounding down the door to send this man to prison.

Bush has been allowed to commit everything from wiretapping to the brutal muder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens and hundreds of American soldiers. None of these people committed a crime against us.

Have we become so apathetic as a nation that we just don't care? We have the most ruthless, heartless dictator as our President and nothing has been done! Let's overthrow the government and get that bastard and his band of crooks out of office and into prison where they belong!

Woops! I shouldn't have said that! I'm going to be wiretapped for sure!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 677 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:35 pm
In 1974, the American people were not afraid. They had self confidence in themselves and the country. Those kinds of people are willing to stand up to someone like Nixon. Bush and his minions have spent the last six years spreading fear, and hypernationalism both rooted in self doubt. Those kinds of people will roll over for the likes of Bush.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:43 pm
You are absolutely right, Nick.

You go ahead and get it started and I'll be right behind ya.
0 Replies