FBI investigation of Rep. Jefferson

okie

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:59 pm
snood wrote:

okie- you certainly do not want to trot out your whole list of corrupt democrats, and compare them with my list of republicans, do you? If you think the list of dems is longer, you haven't been paying attention. If you don't think more Democrats are corrupt, why not take my statement how I meant it - I'd like to shoot all the corrupt pols.

I don't know whos on your list. I frankly haven't taken the time to compile a list. I think theres plenty of corruption to go around, and no one party can claim it all. I was only trying to put a little context into the comparisons of what is considered corruption. After all, lobbyists are totally legal, they are common, and they regularly lobby congressmen. Just because someone's office is visited by a lobbyist or they have a picture taken with one that turns out to have corrupt business dealings does not necessarily indicate that the congressman is a crook. Its a pretty safe bet that for every Abramoff, theres dozens more that have questionable dealings in Congress that we never hear about.

Anyway the Democratic mantra of calling the Republicans the party of corruption is sounding kind of hollow these days. I've noticed they seem to be abandoning it. It never worked for them anyway because people knew there were probably as many corrupt Democrats, if not more, especially after enduring 8 years of Clinton, one of the most corrupt presidents ever.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:19 am
You ain't classy, but you're consistent.
0 Replies