Name Change

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 10:33 am
Ok so out of the blue My daughter Mel says to me that she will no longer call me mom and will now refer to me as Queen untill she can come up with a better name for me, HUH Shocked . I said Oh but I'll miss being called mom. She said oh wel that is just to bad sorry but I guess that can't be helped and walked out of the room. Shocked Shocked umm was she just rude there or am I just seeing to much into it . Should I be upset or is this just one of those things that girls go through. So I came in here before going in there to further talk to her as I'm not sure what to say.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 827 • Replies: 4
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 10:36 am
How old is she?

Mine's 9 and I've yet to go through renaming. Maybe it's something to look forward to.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 11:52 am
Did she say "Queen" in a kind voice or did she indicate that she was living under repressive royalists? Of course she could have announced that your new name would be "Slave".

I think you reacted very well. I'm guessing by the end of the week a situation will arrise where "Queen" has no clout and "Mom" is needed in a hurry.

Children!
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 04:17 pm
well not sure
There was nothing going on she just said it in an anoid way. I talked to her before she left for school but not much came from that. Dad and I talked after she left and Bingo Exclamation we got it. At least we think we got it. A few months back I was explaining to her that the two boys in my home would be going soon and they may be adopted. Well she asked me then if she would ever get to see them again and I told her well it will be hard to find them if their name is changed but we can ask who ever they go to. She asked me if her name was changed and I don't ever keep things from her and I told her yes it use to be Melody Mariah and now It's Melody Nicole. It didn't seem to bother her then, but now nearly 3 month later she is showing signs that it did. So if that is the case then I have to figure out how to fix what ever she is feeling. Do I know what I'm goig to say umm NOPE. Any ideas would be great. I'm thinking that it may be best to just fish it out of her instead of giving her what I think it is causing her more to be upset about and I could be wrong that may not even be it. so I dunno. I know I want to be careful about what I say and how it is said. She is 8 by the way
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:51 am
Devious_Britches--

Is she following through on calling you "Queen"? You might point out that if you're a Queen, she's a princess.

If she isn't following through, I'd drop the issue for now. After all "Queen" isn't really bad-mouth language.

I'd point out that lots of adopted kids have both Birth Names and Official Names. Nothing was taken from her (except on paper which isn't terribly important to an 8-year-old) her new name was added.
0 Replies