Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:57 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 715 • Replies: 13
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:17 pm
A large percentage of US politicians appear to be on the take any more. Democrat, Republican . . . I don't know what can change it.
My focus is more over policy, just now. That's why I want the Republicans out.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:30 pm
Re: Democrats and their "culture of corruption"
mysteryman wrote:
So,what does the left have to say about this?

Probably the same thing the anyone from the right would (and should) say about the Republican "culture of corruption" (cf. this equally ludicrous site: http://liberalslikechrist.org/about/gopcorruption.html) ... namely, that the belief that either party operates as a single mind and that every member shares the same motivations is a sign of the basest, most infantile kind of thinking. In other words, the left will own up to this when the right owns up to Tom DeLay.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:32 pm
If they're corrupt, be it Democrats or Republicans they must go down. That's what this leftie has to say.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:40 pm
i just wish we would do to corrupt pols what they do in china. bring the criminal into a large stadium and execute them before thousands.

I am so sick of these guys stealing from us and lining their own pockets. I hope that man, a black democratic congressman gets thrown in jail for the rest of his miserable life.

and that goe for duke cunninham who ought to be lined up against a wall and killed, the greedy son of a bitch.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:42 pm
kuvasz wrote:
i just wish we would do to corrupt pols what they do in china. bring the criminal into a large stadium and execute them before thousands.

I am so sick of these guys stealing from us and lining their own pockets. I hope that man, a black democratic congressman gets thrown in jail for the rest of his miserable life.

and that goe for duke cunninham who ought to be lined up against a wall and killed, the greedy son of a bitch.

Why the double standard about the punishment for the two?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:54 pm
I wouldn't be a "Lefty" if I didn't tell the truth and promote equal justice now would I. After all thats exactly how our record reads.

Throw the book at that bitch and then throw his ass in the penitentiary.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:45 pm
mysteryman wrote:
kuvasz wrote:

Why the double standard about the punishment for the two?

actually all I can hope for is a long jail sentence for both. But I think cunningham'a actions are most heinious, and since you don't show an inclination to focus too deeply upon current events, let me explain it for you. cunningham's actions go beyond the mere graft of jefferson's. Cunningham was fukking around with the defense dept and programs that affected the well-being of the defense of the nation and our men and women in the miltary. what he did weakened the defense capabilities of the Uited States of America. that to me is tanatmount to war profiterring and acting like a traitor and cunningham should be subject to the the death penalty, especially if we are, as you have said elsewhere, "in a time of war."

do you understand the difference, and how it affects the nation?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:38 am
Since there are already two threads about this, I think its safe to say it is not ignored by the left.

He appears guilty and he should be prosecuted and sentenced accordingly.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:20 am
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/bpb_2006/TMW03-22-06.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:30 am
mysteryman wrote:
Wanna bet they ignore it?

This leftie already included Jefferson's case in his own thread on corruption:

Corruption as an issue in the 2006 US elections

Note that the title of my thread does not try to make out like its only one of the parties thats got problems with a "culture of corruption".
0 Replies

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:49 pm
Quote:

Wanna bet they ignore it?

It's not your silliest thread but it's one of the top ten. Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:02 pm
I'd like to put him right beside Cunningham and "the Hammer", and shoot 'em.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:27 pm
You expect politicians to be pure as the driven snow? That's about as realistic as the descending party claiming it was all none of their doing and the other side is just as corrupt. It's the Machiavellian way -- those who have the gold make the rules.
0 Replies