Pussy-cat psychologist needed for embarrassing problem!

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 11:02 am
I think Beth is on to something with the number of meals. Cut him down to two cans, but give it to him in the usual three feedings. Surely, the combined wisdom of a2k is a match for one cat.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 02:10 pm
I can't believe just how good Possum has been about his reduction in food! It's been almost 2 weeks now - and no tantrums, biting, clawing or, as far as I know, anything antisocial. Perhaps someone else is feeding him. He doesn't seem to have slimmed down, but he does have his winter fur. He's been quite active, too - and his toys are everywhere.

I've probably jinxed myself now!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 02:42 pm
You mean he might be playing possum, so to speak?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 02:49 pm
He's a pretty crafty critter! Confused
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 03:55 pm
I wishI could diet Oscar (and me - but once I start exercising this weekend I should lose all the stuff I put on being ill)!

The thing is, Miranda cannot afford to lose weight - and she eats like one bit of kibble an hour or something.

"Separate them at feeding time" they say - the thing is, this would mean permanent separation, since Miranda grazes a weeny soupcon all the day.

Sigh.

They would be totally miserable without each other, and make my life hell...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 05:46 pm
ehBeth! I think you may have found the key to this problem. I'll go back to feeding him four times a day and divvy up the food from three cans. Brilliant. Mooches grassy ass.

I'll let you know how this works.

Margo, Possum sounds like, well, a pussy cat. Maybe he could give Mikey lessons--long distance.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 04:28 pm
Mikey's Diet--Update
The Diet Is Done!!!

Mikey has taken to clawing me when he's hungry. The diet is over. He can eat until he explodes for all I care. He can make it into Guiness's Book of World Records or Ripley's Believe It or Not as the fattest cat that ever lived. He can eat until his belly drags on the floor. Until he can't move.

Glad I didn't need stitches. Off to buy more cat food.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 12:02 am
Aw Roberta, what about just one more day?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 12:06 am
LOL

Either I understimated Mikey or over estimated the combined wisdom, etc, etc. . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 12:15 am
msolga wrote:
Aw Roberta, what about just one more day?

Just joshing, Roberta!
Please remain calm! Shocked
Was curious to see what sort of a response I'd get to the mere suggestion! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 01:29 am
Olga, Lucky for you I saw the second comment before I responded to the first. Just one more day!!!! How much blood can you lose before you pass out.

Roger, You underestimated Mikey the Monster, Mikey the Maniac, Mikey the Meshugina. He's gigantic, bratty, and aggressive.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 03:35 am
Kick him in the bum!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 05:03 am
Tried that, Deb. He just gets angrier and more aggressive. In Mikey's case, violence begets violence.

Someone told me that you can assert your authority over a cat or dog by spitting in their mouth. Feh. I'm thinking about it. I don't look forward to prying the monster's mouth open. But if it'll work, it's worth a try.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:18 am
Hmmmm - with dogs, you can, if things are really not good, assert dominance by picking them up by the scruff of the neck and giving them a shake. Being pack critters, they think you must be SOME alpha dog! Don't know whether you dare try that with Mikey!

Oscar crapped on my bed yesterday. Waaaaaah!

Tonight, as I was cooking up some rice, the lid fell off the (big) saucepan, and landed on him.

Life must be weird for animals, in that kind of way...like, there you both are, all is friendliness, then, suddenly, with no hiss, spit, growl, or raising of fur, your human friend suddenly drops a heavy, scary, noisy thing on you - then comes after you and makes friendly noises and picks you up, and pats you. Life be strange....

Of course, it was an accident - but - if I could only explain to him that this is much how I feel when he craps on my bed....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:59 pm
Deb, Sorry to hear that Oscar is at it again.

As for picking Mikey up by the scruff of the neck--not gonna happen. I do grab him there when he attacks. But it's an act of self-preservation. He will never see me as a alpha.

I laughed about the pot lid. Stuff is always landing on Mikey. He's big and my kitchen is small. He's gotten used to it. Barely looks up when something lands on him now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:42 pm
LOL! My kitchen is small too - but I don't think I ever dropped anything on the lad before. I think he thought I had decided to assassinate him!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 02:19 pm
Now - if only you could associate that with crapping in bed..... Rolling Eyes Surprised
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 04:27 pm
The assassination is likely to become real.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 04:57 pm
Could you take a frying pan to bed and whack him if he readies to crap ensite?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 04:58 pm
Well, I would have to hide in the bed for weeks on end...
0 Replies