Pussy-cat psychologist needed for embarrassing problem!

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 03:03 am
NO! His bed is my bed! I ain't touching it!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 03:09 am
I had a feeling that you and he were sharing the bed. T'is a pity.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 05:04 am
I could throw him out?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 05:17 am
You could, but you wouldn't. You might as well face the facts, kid. You love him.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 06:08 am
Didn't read all the intervening pages, but considering his age, and the fact that he uses the litter box, I would think that the problem is not psychological, but physiological. Perhaps when Oscar farts in his sleep?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 07:17 am
No - believe me, no! 'Tis a bad deed accompanied by wakefulness, much scurrying and running around, and the dumpage of a full, neatly arranged, bomb bay of turds.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 07:18 am
perhaps that ought to be bum bay?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 02:25 pm
LOL. bum bay it tis. Now, if he is scurrying around in great wakefulness, could it be that he is sleep walking and has forgotten where the litter box is? After all, he is asleep.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 03:15 pm
What wonderful mind pictures!

I've been sitting here, laughing like mad at the picture of Deb crapping on Oscar! It'd certainly teach him something - but what????? Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 05:26 pm
HE IS AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!! He is not in the arms of Morpheus! The lightbulb of his brain, dim though it be, is alight! The candles, guttering though they may, are lit. The lighthouse sends its feeble beam into the day!

Lord forgive him not because he knows what he does!

It might teach him to avoid bums, Margo?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 03:22 am
Margo, If Deb crapped on Oscar, he'd find out what it's like to be the crappee instead of the crapper. A lesson he'd not soon forget, regardless of the dimness of his brain.

BTW, an entirely different subject, but not thread-worthy. I've decided to put Mikey on a diet. He's getting a bit rotund. So far I haven't been physically assaulted, but I'm seeing from very bratty and outrageous behavior. Can bloodshed be far behind? It ain't easy living with a monster.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 03:39 am
Oh goddess - let us value our Boida while we may...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 03:45 am
Bloody brave of you, Roberta! Shocked
The idea of the M-cat on a diet is very, very frightening!
Good luck & don't feel too bad if circumstances force you to change the plan!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 03:55 am
Deb, Yes, I fear that my days are numbered.

Olga, Mikey on a diet! Scary. I agree. I will not consider myself a failure if I have to change the plan. I understand that I need to be realistic in my expectations.

When Mikey was at the vet for his last checkup, the vet said that Mikey should lose a pound or two. I asked if he wanted to come over and take food away from Mikey. The vet pondered and decided that maybe a pound or two extra were not such a bad thing. But I know that Mikey has gained weight since then. I don't want the problem to get out of hand.

His usual diet was three 3-ounce cans and one 5.5-ounce can of food a day, plus the dry food I leave out for him. I've cut out the third 3-ounce can.

Things are getting a bit tense here.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 04:11 am
Roberta

Fingers crossed for you!

I'm also trying the diet thing. When I came back from holidays the Poss-cat had become huge - my aunt couldn't resist his requests for food - he kept telling her he was starving. Instead of his 2 meals a day, he had countless extras and treats.

Since I've been home, we're back to 2 meals a day, and very little discussion (so far) about treats, extras, larger portions. Mind you - this won't last, I'm sure.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 04:19 am
margo

What a shameless critter that Possum is! (but pretty cute in your avator! Very Happy ) Shame on him, taking advantage of your kind-hearted aunt!
Wicked cat!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 06:25 am
Possum and Mikey resemble each other. I can't tell how big Possum is from the avatar. But he's got that same devilish look. Watch your back, legs, and arms, Margo.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:18 am
Mikey--Diet Update: Things are deteriorating rapidly. I've been nipped about five times. No bleeding yet. Also Mikey is hysterical, running around and making some amazing and new noises.

One of us will fold first. Any bets?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:29 am
I almost think I would rather endure the occasional nip than have to face the "Silent Meow" every time I look up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:43 am
Roberta - how are you serving Mikey? Is he getting 3 meals instead of 4?
0 Replies