Pussy-cat psychologist needed for embarrassing problem!

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 06:11 pm
There is no nice way to put it.

My ten year old, neutered male Siamese has taken to crapping in my bed sometimes.

It has only happened over the last 3 years, after we moved to an apartment.

I never meant to bring this cat here, thinking he would not adapt well, and only made the final decision to move after a friend offered to take him. She reneged on the arrangement as soon as I moved in, so here we are.

He has a feline companion, with whom he snuggles and plays. He has a balcony to peer over and sun himself on. He has lots of toys and a cat gym.

Help!!!!

I swear, some day soon, that cat's gonna take flying lessons!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,275 • Replies: 149
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 06:22 pm
Focus on the cat box: is it cleaned often? Have you thought of getting them each a box? Did you change the type of litter when you moved in?

Have you considered putting a shower curtain over your bed when you're not home?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 06:28 pm
The shower curtain idea is GOOD!!!!!!!

They have a cleaned litter box inside - and a dirtier one outside, which they prefer to use - especially Oscar, the cat in question. The type of litter has stayed stable.

It feels like he is making some sort of statement!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 07:25 pm
he probably is making a statement.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 07:38 pm
Well, he better learn to speak with more elegance!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 07:45 pm
I had a weird thing happening with my dog. We'd wake up in the morning and there'd be a little poop on the bed between the size of an olive and a prune. The best I could figure out, these little droppings slipped out somehow without Bootsie knowing it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 07:45 pm
Deb
I think it's probably the move that's got your cat upset and he'll stop in time. In the mean time, Littlek's shower curtain idea is awsome. I would have never thought of that.

Good luck ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 07:57 pm
THREE YEARS WORTH OF UPSET?

he needs to get over himself!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:08 pm
Ooops! Looks like I missed the 3 years part. Have you asked your vet what the problem could be?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:12 pm
No - maybe there is a special cork I could purchase at the vet's though?

Or DRUGS!!! heehee
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:14 pm
actually, dlowan, there prolly are drugs. Course, you'd have to GIVE the cat the drugs.... you think the poop on the bed is bad.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:18 pm
LOL!

I am the world's best cat-drugger!

I go around and get pills down people's cats for them.

This cat is a pussy cat to handle, anyway. I will consider it when I am solvent again.

Oscar is actually a very calm cat - very loving - takes everything in his stride. Although- he did get very depressed when his sister was killed about 8 years ago. Maybe he has trouble expressing his feelings?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:21 pm
poor Oscar. How could you think of throwing him off the balcony!?!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:47 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 09:07 pm
Maybe to show Oscar that you are aware of what's going on, you could move the litter box closer to the bed? It could, after all, be a matter of not being able to 'get there' in time......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 09:17 pm
wot! You want me to shar emy bedroom with a cat box!

it is in the ensuite as it is!

it is a neat little pile of turds!

it is deliberate!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 03:10 am
Sounds like the kitty is getting up there in age. Perhaps he is trying to tell you that he isn't feeling good. Wouldn't hurt to take him to the vet just for an evaluation. That'd be under $50 in most areas.

In the meantime, there are natural repellents you could use. Cats supposedly do not like the scent of citrus. Soak some cotton balls in a citrus oil or cut up some citrus rinds and place them into cheese cloth packets that are pinned in your cat's favorite potty spots.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 03:21 am
I will use citrus essential oil on the bed, thanks Butrflynet. That will be nice for me, too. Hopefully horrid for Oscar's bottom, though.

He looks the picture of health- shiny coat, eats like a pig, gallops around like a herd of elephant and yells like a banshee. I am having trouble believing he is ill at the moment.

His only non-litter box shitting spot is on the bed - and that only intermittently.

Nobody seems to think that he is just a bastid and evil - why?

Should I try exorcism, does anyone think? Do cats get exorcised at a cheaper rate than humans? Presumably the demons are smaller and weaker. Would throwing him off the balcony make the bad spirits fly away in fear?

The funny thing is that he is glaring at me as I type these naughty things. he is spooking me out - do you think he can read my mind?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 05:21 am
hahaha! Could be Deb. You better not try anything like putting crushed hot pepper on his bum then, lol!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 05:51 am
No wonder the bunny can't get a date...cat poo on the bed is a total mood killer...
0 Replies