Pussy-cat psychologist needed for embarrassing problem!

msolga

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 05:53 am
dlowan

3 years DOES appear to be rather a long time to complain about a shift of address!
Something tells me Oscar is deliberately being difficult .... No doubt he KNOWS that you don't like your bed crapped in (or your head crapped on! Shocked ) but he continues to do it! For some reason he's being quite ornery .... Do you think he enjoys your response to his little gifts?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 06:15 am
I don't think he does...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 06:21 am
Maybe he just doesn't like living a more confined life?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 07:11 am
If he is a free roamer type of cat, maybe he should just be let out...there are sharks, taipans and all sorts of scary critters in Oz land from what I hear. Also, just letting him out on the balcony might prompt him into a rail-pouncing suicide. There are also labs desperate for feline subjects. Was that a 'shift' in address, or something else?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 07:13 am
What sort of something else?

it was a shift in address.....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 08:42 am
Just a thought: does he sleep on your bed at night? Could these be responses to instances in which he has not been allowed to sleep there?

(Prolly not it, as it's such a simple answer, and Oscar is a cat, but I thought I'd throw it out there.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 09:32 am
Nah - no such pattern, Patterniodog...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 07:08 pm
Sorry....free-roaming mind...was thinking a **** in a dress...cats are just weird and spooky in general...jealousy does seem to be a problem. Back in uni, my GF at the time brought home some abandoned kittens. She had 2 adult cats at the time, one which regularily gave us prezzies of sometimes dead, sometimes live animals (the live crow in the apartment was a hoot, so to speak), including a bat (where it found a bat in Montreal, I do not know), and the other more sensitive one seemed to only be able to hunt plants, and gave us gifts of grass and dandelions. On the eve of the kittens' homecoming, the sensitive one took off for his usual evening trot and never returned. Who knows what intentions lurk in the hearts of cats...only The Shadow, methinks...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 11:48 pm
Strange, strange. On the Shadow, when I was a child under quarantine for what was happily a light case of scarlet fever, I listened to the
Shadow on the radio for fourteen days, or something like that. One day, Mercedes McCambridge was stuck on an elevator with a man with a knife...
and the next day the program was off the air. Forever, I think. oooooooooooooh.

back to Oscar, poor widdle oscar...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 11:49 pm
Strange, strange. On the Shadow, when I was a child under quarantine for what was happily a light case of scarlet fever, I listened to the
Shadow on the radio for fourteen days, or something like that. One day, Mercedes McCambridge was stuck on an elevator with a man with a knife...
and the next day the program was off the air. Forever, I think. oooooooooooooh.

back to Oscar, poor widdle oscar...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 11:56 pm
PLEEEEEASE do NOT mention widdle!

We are ok in that department - for the present!

Cav - my bestest Siamee ever used to bring me live mice in the wee small hours of the morning and put them in my ear. I suspect she was looking for my mouth.....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 12:52 am
Deb

That's lovely! A cat waking you in the wee small hours to share the catch/dinner with you! A very generous critter! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 01:05 am
sweet, she was.

very sweet.

I used to keep a small, lidded, mouse box by the bed - pop the meeses in it, make it all safe - and let 'em go way down the road in the morning.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 01:09 am
Awwwww! So she was too kind to kill them .... Or else she wanted to ensure that your dinner was fresh?
AND the mice got away the next day!
What a perfect cat! Very Happy
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 01:44 am
Giving you live mice is perhaps a mothers way to teach you,
how to chase and play and catch your own mice.

Obviously you have not been participating enough,
and need to learn to take better care of yourself!

Where are your mice? Don't you know how? Here, you try...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 01:54 am
That's lovely, CodeBorg! Very Happy
I like the idea of a human being "mothered" by a critter! Anyway, maybe they are wiser/smarter than us? .... Nothing would surprise me with cats! They're very, very clever! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 02:16 am
I am sure she meant to give me loving gifts of food

how strange they must find our reactions!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:32 am
In your REAR!!! Speak up Bunny! That's a very naughty cat!!! Or very well trained......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 07:42 am
ha ha ha.....not...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 03:40 am
Deb, Are you sure that Oscar is the culprit? Have you caught him in the act of squatting? Could Miranda be the evil-doer?

I agree with many others that Oscar is making a statement. Since you don't know what it is and will never know, try the citrus scent. It might work. But don't count on it.

My sense is that nothing will stop him. He's been doing it for three years. Why stop now? You might have a bit of success with some kind of discipline if you catch him in the act. Otherwise, I think you're out of luck.
0 Replies