IS BUSH A LIAR? REVISITED: INTENT

username

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:31 pm
And why can't you look at the sky? And you've never looked at the sky in your life? Do I really need to say that is a dumb example?

Do I further need to say that the President of the US has many more resources than you do? Do I really need to say that the reports he got were full of caveats and disclaimers and comments about the validity, and unverifiability, of the information, as we have found out from the few driblets that have made it past the Bush wall of secrecy and obscuring politically damaging information. Do you know the extent to which Cheney/Feith cherrypicked intelligence that told them what they thought, and ignored the rest which didn't?Do I really need to tell you that by all accounts W. wanted everything boiled down to no more than two pages for him to read? The man didn't base his actions on rational weighing of the options and the reliability of the data. He went by gut instinct. He better have a damned heavy case of indigestion now--his gut wasn't worth sh*t.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:38 pm
username wrote:
And why can't you look at the sky? And you've never looked at the sky in your life? Do I really need to say that is a dumb example?

Do I further need to say that the President of the US has many more resources than you do? Do I really need to say that the reports he got were full of caveats and disclaimers and comments about the validity, and unverifiability, of the information, as we have found out from the few driblets that have made it past the Bush wall of secrecy and obscuring politically damaging information. Do you know the extent to which Cheney/Feith cherrypicked intelligence that told them what they thought, and ignored the rest which didn't?Do I really need to tell you that by all accounts W. wanted everything boiled down to no more than two pages for him to read? The man didn't base his actions on rational weighing of the options and the reliability of the data. He went by gut instinct. He better have a damned heavy case of indigestion now--his gut wasn't worth sh*t.

Do you think the President can PERSONALLY VERIFY every piece of intelligence that crosses his desk?
He relies on his aides and his staff,including the VP,the SecDef,the head of the CIA,and other experts to do that.
Now,when he is getting conflicting info from his staff and experts,what should he do?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:13 pm
How about tell people the truth, and say that there is 'conflicting info?'

It is important to realize that much of the info which supported the war was built upon the word of 'curveball,' a guy who was brought in by the Iraqi National Congress, an organization which was created by the Bush Admin to drum up support for the Iraq war which they wished to wage. And then the turned out to be lying the entire time. Pretty big coincidence, ain't it?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:41 pm
mysteryman wrote:
username wrote:

Do you think the President can PERSONALLY VERIFY every piece of intelligence that crosses his desk?
He relies on his aides and his staff,including the VP,the SecDef,the head of the CIA,and other experts to do that.
Now,when he is getting conflicting info from his staff and experts,what should he do?
[/b]

Neither he nor his subordinates should have told the American people and the world only one side of the story at issue, nor acted upon it. He, as any smart leader would do, would ask, and certainly demand better information, corroboration, and more definitive determination of the facts whenever there was conflicting data collected.

Bush did not care either because additional time would have slowed down his plans or for the potential for newer data corroberating facts that undermined his position.

It was why he told the UN WMD obsrvers to leave Iraq because they were not finding any WMDs and that fact would have undermined the reason to invade.

Bush and his gang of morally repugnant subordinates were like the Olympic refs during the 1972 USSR baskertbll team upset of the US, they saw only what they wanted in effort to affect the outcome of the game.

That he stocked the communication routes to him with cheerleading ideologues and "yes" men is even worse, because one should expect that type of one-sided viewpoint filter to cause alternative views rejected in the decision-making.

If one claims that "Bush got faulty Intel" one should next ask who the hell were those who did that? And the answer is, every single person was one who Bush either appointed or retained from a previous administration.

It is still Bush's fault, no matter how much you wish it away.

It is still Bush's fault, no matter how much you wish it away.

Claims from the Rightwing yahoos that "intelligence" was faulty are plain and simple crap. There is too much clear evidence that the executive branch disregarded any intelligence and information that undercut the counter-evidence and their plain to invade Iraq.

Anyone using such a debating ploy deserves the scorn of any thinking person and ought to be ashamed to attempt to use such sophist and bogus arguments in a public debate. It is morally akin to stealing, in that it holds in contempt honesty and subverts a rational discourse..

It is clear that the Busheviks are a bunch of dishonest and dirty little liars who cherry picked data that fit only their predetermined beliefs. That it is fine for used car salesmen and televangelists, but for true leaders of nations it is a disaster.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 08:11 am
bm
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 08:14 am
Hear hear to Cyclo and Kuvasz
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 08:24 am
At some point, anyone with any sense and pride in themselves would realize he or she is making a fool of him or herself by constantly repeating the same escuses and rationalizations and constantly proved wrong.

Unfortunately, we have a couple righties here who have no sense and no pride in how the a2k community perceives them as they continue to post with same drool ad nauseum. It is baffling.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 08:28 am
Speaking of looking at the sky...

It's a bird.

It's a plane.

No, it's a new presidential helicopter in exchange for fake documents!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 12:54 am
username wrote:
.......During the past two and a half months, according to reliable news reports, military patrols have visited over 300 suspected WMD sites throughout Iraq. None of the prohibited weapons were found there......

I wonder if Bush manufactured or dreamed up these sites too? Or did the CIA pick these out by throwing darts at the map? At Bush's behest?

As OmSigDavid said on another thread:

"We did not find the WMDs
because W moved with the speed of a glacier
in getting the war started. He gave Saddam
the chance to stash the stuff with the Baath regime in Syria,
the same as he stashed his jets in Iran,
during the First Gulf War."

and:

"It was like crack dealers
flushing the stuff,
when thay see the DEA approaching the front door. "
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:55 am
Bush's biggest fraud: the phony war on terrorism!

As the op-ed claims, Bush counts on us having short memories. I had forgotten about this:

Quote:
Bush ignored hard evidence from top intelligence officials between April and September of 2001 about an impending attacks on U.S. soil. Why? If Bush really wanted Bin Laden, he blew SEVERAL opportunities. One of them in July, prior to 911. The Guardian and the French newspaper Le Figaro reported that bin Laden received dialysis treatment for a period of some 10 days at the American hospital in Dubai, and while there, he was visited by a local CIA agent. It was also about this time that U.S. State Department officials were threatening Afghanistan with carpet bombing if the Taliban didn't come to terms on the proposed Unocal pipeline across Afghanistan. .....
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:27 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
How about tell people the truth, and say that there is 'conflicting info?'

It is important to realize that much of the info which supported the war was built upon the word of 'curveball,' a guy who was brought in by the Iraqi National Congress, an organization which was created by the Bush Admin to drum up support for the Iraq war which they wished to wage. And then the turned out to be lying the entire time. Pretty big coincidence, ain't it?

Cycloptichorn

Hey, easy on that coincidences thing cyclo.
As we learned with 9/11, some coincidences are good, some coincidences are bad.

In this case, these coincidences are OK because they served the needs of the administration.
Any coincidences relating to 9/11, however, are of peripheral significance and should be ignored.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:07 pm
bm
0 Replies