Sweet things

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:30 am
Last night, while the kids were in bed, I heard them talking. I walked in and asked what they were doing and my son (6) said, "we were talking about how we've been too mean to each other, so we just decided to forgive each other." And my daughter (4) said, "yeah, and we promise we're going to be nice to each other, and not scream at each other, and share our stuff." My heart just melted. I sware, we didn't even plant the seeds for that conversation, it was totally of their own doing.

What are some things that your kids have done or said that made you proud of their sweetness?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 916 • Replies: 14
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:32 am
ohhhh FD, that made my ovaries twitter it was so cute. :-)

Bean loves to hug and kiss.

In the grocery store she is always telling people "mug, mug mug"

wich is bean speak for hug.

usually.. except other parents.. noone gets it. But they smile and say hi.

An older man was in the same isle as we were and she was saying Mug Mug. He absolutly understood, smiled at me and said " may i? "
Of course. :-)

he leaned over and she squeezed him tight around the neck and plucked a kiss on his cheek and said "boo-ful" ( beautiful)

aaaaaaahhhh sweet kiddos.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:33 am
Oooh, little sweet Bean. I bet you just want to eat her up sometimes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:40 am
Not quite 'happy - happy - joy-joy' sweet.. but..

The day that bean hit her eye, I raced home to get her to go to the hospital, we rushed her into her car seat and took off.
Of course, at this time she was still crying and her eye bleeding.

Im driving, and I have the rear view tilted down so that I can see her, and Hubby is leaned over the back seat holding her hand and wiping the blood.

She is crying fitfully and is just as scared as we are.

After about 2 blocks she starts saying ' hewp , hewp, hewp. Dayy-iee'
( help, help, help , daddy )

I start getting tears in my eyes at this point and Im telling her " We are going to get some help ok? We are going to the doctor. He will help us."

all the way there it was hewp, dayy-iee,hewp.

Cute.. precious actually..
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:43 am
How is the sweet Bean today? I guess I could go check the thread.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:48 am
just fine. ;-)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:50 am
Last week my daughter had an accident that warranted a trip to the doctor's too (not nearly as serious as little bean). She fell face first on the cement at school. The teacher was next to her and was trying to help her. My daughter kept saying "I'm o-k, I'm o-k" with blood streaming down her face. The teacher say of course you are not o-k you're bleeding (she had a severe gash on her little nose and a big scrape and bump on her fore head.

After visiting the doctor's my daughter explained that she didn't cry and told the teacher she was o-k because she didn't want Mrs. S to freak out. The little cutie was more concerned about her teacher getting upset than her own injury.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:55 am
Love hearing about the little guys working out their problems. Very Happy

Poor little Stitch... how empathic!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:01 am
They can be such little grownups sometimes, eh?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:02 am
Re: Sweet things
FreeDuck wrote:
...we didn't even plant the seeds for that conversation

I beg to differ....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:05 am
Good point.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:21 am
Aw, I love this thread!

Moments like that (and J_B's about her daughters) really make me wonder if we're doing the right thing by having only one -- impossible to know for sure, of course.

I just mentioned the totally sweet mother's day sozlet made happen on the sozlet stories thread... I'm still kinda glowing about that one. :-)

I'm sure I'll be back here a lot, to read and to add...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:44 am
Actually, it was your mother's day post that prompted this thread. It reminded me of the conversation last night and I didn't want to muddy your thread with a bunch of "kids say the darndest things" anecdotes.

As for the decision to have only one, maybe I should post an account of the fights that preceded that sweet conversation to reassure you. :wink:
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:06 pm
sozobe wrote:
Moments like that (and J_B's about her daughters) really make me wonder if we're doing the right thing by having only one -- impossible to know for sure, of course.

I know, I know! You could have a second kid, see if it works out, and give it up for adoption if it doesn't. (Mothers -- so sentimental they just don't understand trial and error.)

(In other words, bookmark.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:20 pm
Yes - two kids = increasing workload by about 200% not double. It is the increase work as a result of fighting and them collaberating together to gang up on mom and dad.

One minute they are whopping each other over the head, the next minute they are hugging and kisses. It drives one crazy - especially when one of them is being punished and the sibling suddenly (which just minutes before was blaming the other) is their biggest supporter (ie "Mommy she is just a little girl - she doesn't know better").
0 Replies