Fox's John Gibson: "We need more [white] babies"

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 11:52 am
Quote:

Gibson: "Make more babies" because in "[t]wenty-five years ... the majority of the population is Hispanic"

On the May 11 edition of Fox News' The Big Story, host John Gibson advised viewers during the "My Word" segment of his program to "[d]o your duty. Make more babies." He then cited a May 10 article, which reported that nearly half of all children under the age of five in the United States are minorities. Gibson added: "By far, the greatest number [of children under five] are Hispanic. You know what that means? Twenty-five years and the majority of the population is Hispanic." Gibson later claimed: "To put it bluntly, we need more babies." Then, referring to Russia's projected decline in population, Gibson claimed: "So far, we are doing our part here in America but Hispanics can't carry the whole load. The rest of you, get busy. Make babies, or put another way -- a slogan for our times: 'procreation not recreation'."

As The Washington Post reported, the U.S. Census Bureau recently released population estimates that found that nearly half (45 percent) of U.S. children under five are racial or ethnic minorities, and that "the percentage is increasing mainly because the Hispanic population is growing so rapidly." The U.S. Census notes that, "[e]stimates usually are for the present and the past, while projections are estimates of the population for future dates." The U.S. Census last released its population projection in March 2004 and found that, by the year 2030, Hispanics will account for roughly 20 percent of the total population in the United States. The U.S. Census also projected that Hispanics will make up 24 percent of the nation's population by 2050. The two-year old projection has not been updated to take into account the new data on the race and ethnicity of children under five....

Click link below to continue article and see video

Link to article and video

Clearly there isn't any "baby shortage" in this country. So it's not a matter of "making more babies." It's a matter of making more WHITE babies. As though a larger number of ethnic children is a bad thing. What an ass.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,008 • Replies: 13
No top replies

snood

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 12:56 pm
bernard, cjhsa, okie and foxfyre's heads are probably about to explode while they try to come up with a way to defend this mulletheaded bigotry from one of the O'Reilly clones.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:54 pm
snood wrote:
bernard, cjhsa, okie and foxfyre's heads are probably about to explode while they try to come up with a way to defend this mulletheaded bigotry from one of the O'Reilly clones.

Please, don't encourage them (foxfyre excluded). I'm looking forward to intelligent and well reasoned debate. Not like there really is going to be any on this particular thead.

Gibsons words are pretty indefensible. At least on this post, it was more to inform other politically minded individuals rather than to see if anyone could defend it.

This presents both the up and down side of free speech. It's bad that he's saying this, but it's good in the sense that it exposes his ignorance.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 03:37 pm
You know as well as I that, encourage them or not, they know of only one way to come down on stuff like this. I could just as easily say that your launch post was provocative to them - I just mentioned names of usual suspects.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 04:13 pm
Is this the same John Gibson that got his big break as a regular on the Geraldo Rivera show during the OJ trial?
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 06:48 pm
boomerang wrote:
Is this the same John Gibson that got his big break as a regular on the Geraldo Rivera show during the OJ trial?

Yup. One and the same:

Clicky clicky
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 06:49 pm
JustAnObserver wrote:
I'm looking forward to intelligent and well reasoned debate.

What is there to debate, the finer points of racism?
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 06:51 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
JustAnObserver wrote:
I'm looking forward to intelligent and well reasoned debate.

What is there to debate, the finer points of racism?

I'll repeat:

"Gibsons words are pretty indefensible. At least on this post, it was more to inform other politically minded individuals rather than to see if anyone could defend it. "
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 07:05 pm
We need to encourage inter-racial marriages. Get them babies all mixed up. Laughing

Wouldn't it be great to have no one main or dominant race at all?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 07:08 pm
Kind of funny, isn't it, that John Gibson owes his entire career to a hispanic guy.

I used to really like Geraldo back in the olden days, the "Tomorrow" show with Tom Snyder days, and while I'm not a fan anymore I would love to hear him comment on this.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 07:09 pm
JustanObserver wrote:

I'll repeat:

"Gibsons words are pretty indefensible. At least on this post, it was more to inform other politically minded individuals rather than to see if anyone could defend it. "

Consider me informed.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:02 am
the most stunning remark I have heard this side of Tom Metzger calling on Whites to kill the Mud people.

If one did not know what Gibson and Faux News was about, they certainly do now.

Where is that rivertboat gambler and scold Bill Bennett to wield his scyth of social reprobation when you need him?

I forgot, he is still in the corner eating his words for saying that crime is down in america because so many black babies get aborted.

Is it any wonder people of color look at whites as if they have two heads when the latter say racism is not a problem in America?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 06:29 am
Its no wonder to me, kuvasz.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 07:53 am
squinney wrote:
We need to encourage inter-racial marriages. Get them babies all mixed up. Laughing

Wouldn't it be great to have no one main or dominant race at all?

You would still have a skin color issue. Dark vs. light. Even if everyone was all mixed up (and we already are whether we believe and acknowledge that or not), there would still be some who are lighter, some darker, and the problem would be no different than today.

Personally, I like the different skin colors and the distinct races and ethnicities. That makes the world interesting. It's the "I'm better than you because.." or "I"m afraid of you because you look different than I do" bullshit that holds up back as a species. But, it's the nature of man to fear the unknown so racism, I'm afraid, is here to stay.
0 Replies