Tide going out for Republicanism?

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:00 pm
Does it seem to anyone else that there is a certain, I don't know, desperation amongst the Republican and Conservative posters on A2K these days?

I can only compare this to the elated comments and superior tone taken by many of these same posters after the 2004 election. Man, has the tide turned since then, or what? Bush's popularity is toast. Congress' popularity is toast. Pretty much none of Bush's policy objectives have been accomplished. All that political capital of his? Gone. International respect for America? Gone. Debt? Rising steadily. Scandals? Too many to list here.

It isn't that I don't think that Bush could possibly turn things around; just that he won't.

Perhaps it is about time for me to start pontificating about the 'will of the electorate.' What do you think?

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 410 • Replies: 1
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:54 pm
I think it's still too early; the American electorate is too fickle. We still have over five months to contemplate what might happen during the next election cycle for governors and congress.
0 Replies