Kerry Camp Strikes Back at Hypocrite Dyke Mary Cheney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 04:02 pm
What a f%@king hypocrite this Mary Cheney is, she calls Kerry a "son of a Bitch" for trying to make "politcal" hay from her being a dyke while George W Bush tried to make political gain on the backs of every LGBT person in this GD country while trying to deny OUR CIVIL RIGHTS too. I just become more amazed each passing day at this crowd.

Quote:
Kerry hits back at Mary Cheney over 'son of a bitch' comments

RAW STORY
Published: Wednesday May 10, 2006

Click here for latest: Mary Cheney calls Edwards 'slimeball'

In response to an article Wednesday in which Vice President Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter is quoted as calling Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) a "son of a bitch" for mentioning her sexuality in the presidential debates, Kerry's office fired off this retort to RAW STORY.

Kerry spokesman David Wade said Mary Cheney had "flacked for the most anti-gay administration in history."

"Seems like a suspicious lecture from a political operative who flacked for the most anti-gay administration in history and allowed Karl Rove to divide America for political gain," Wade said. "She'd be more credible if she pushed dad's administration to support hate crimes legislation and equal rights for gay Americans."

In a her new book, Mary Cheney slams Kerry.

"John Kerry didn't 'out me', nor did he offend or attack me by calling me a lesbian," she remarked. "It wasn't a secret that I was gay, and I certainly couldn't be offended by the truth,'' she writes. ``What was offensive was that he was obviously trying to use me and my sexual orientation for his own political gain."

"Sitting in the studio audience when Edwards mentioned her sexual orientation, Cheney said she looked at the vice-presidential candidate and mouthed the words 'Go F* Yourself' a phrase her father had earlier employed against Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy," Canada.com adds.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,457 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 04:31 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thenewswire/archive/ap/cheneygirl.jpg
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 05:35 pm
They are both right. Sigh.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 05:05 am
Re: Kerry Camp Strikes Back at Hypocrite Dyke Mary Cheney
Roxxxanne wrote:
What a f%@king hypocrite this Mary Cheney is, she calls Kerry a "son of a Bitch" for trying to make "politcal" hay from her being a dyke while George W Bush tried to make political gain on the backs of every LGBT person in this GD country while trying to deny OUR CIVIL RIGHTS too. I just become more amazed each passing day at this crowd.

Quote:
Kerry hits back at Mary Cheney over 'son of a bitch' comments

RAW STORY
Published: Wednesday May 10, 2006

Click here for latest: Mary Cheney calls Edwards 'slimeball'

In response to an article Wednesday in which Vice President Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter is quoted as calling Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) a "son of a bitch" for mentioning her sexuality in the presidential debates, Kerry's office fired off this retort to RAW STORY.

Kerry spokesman David Wade said Mary Cheney had "flacked for the most anti-gay administration in history."

"Seems like a suspicious lecture from a political operative who flacked for the most anti-gay administration in history and allowed Karl Rove to divide America for political gain," Wade said. "She'd be more credible if she pushed dad's administration to support hate crimes legislation and equal rights for gay Americans."

In a her new book, Mary Cheney slams Kerry.

"John Kerry didn't 'out me', nor did he offend or attack me by calling me a lesbian," she remarked. "It wasn't a secret that I was gay, and I certainly couldn't be offended by the truth,'' she writes. ``What was offensive was that he was obviously trying to use me and my sexual orientation for his own political gain."

"Sitting in the studio audience when Edwards mentioned her sexual orientation, Cheney said she looked at the vice-presidential candidate and mouthed the words 'Go F* Yourself' a phrase her father had earlier employed against Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy," Canada.com adds.

Why should she push for special protections for people who already have the same protections as everyone else? I still don't understand it.

It was poor form and a low for the Kerry campaign. He should have been ashamed because of what Edwards said. I guess it kind of showed seeing as how the guy ended up losing his job. Did his own state even vote for him?
0 Replies

paull

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 12:53 pm
It never did make sense to me that Kedwards got into all that. I suppose mentioning it brought up some primeval ironic sense in their lefty supporters, but it was an "outing" of sorts and most people thought it was rude. That may have been the defining point, that the trial lawyer and Ted Kennedy's protoge didn't even know they were being rude.

As far as Bush and the Lonely Girls and Boys Team, I doubt he spends a moment worrying about them, as most of us do not. For most of those odd folks getting accepted would ruin their panache anyway.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 01:02 pm
paull wrote:
It never did make sense to me that Kedwards got into all that. I suppose mentioning it brought up some primeval ironic sense in their lefty supporters, but it was an "outing" of sorts and most people thought it was rude. That may have been the defining point, that the trial lawyer and Ted Kennedy's protoge didn't even know they were being rude.

What exactly is an "outing of sorts?" Mary Cheney was "outed" long before the 2004 presidential campaign.
    In 2000, the Bush-Cheney campaign freely discussed Elizabeth Cheney's marriage and children, but treated Mary Cheney's private life as off-limits. Nevertheless, [b]because her lesbianism was publicly known[/b], it was seen as bolstering the image of the Republican ticket as "compassionate conservatives"

Source
0 Replies

paull

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 01:53 pm
I said "of sorts". No doubt some people were still not aware of it, some had forgotten that they knew, some didn't care before but did when reminded.

Any idea why it was mentioned Joe, if it was stating the obvious?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 02:40 pm
paull wrote:
I said "of sorts". No doubt some people were still not aware of it, some had forgotten that they knew, some didn't care before but did when reminded.

If by "of sorts" you meant "of no kind whatsoever," then that might make some sense.

paull wrote:
Any idea why it was mentioned Joe, if it was stating the obvious?

I would imagine that it was mentioned as a way of highlighting the hypocrisy of those who love and cherish individual homosexuals who are family members, while acting to discriminate against homosexuals in general who aren't.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:12 am
dailykos.com

Quote:
ot-So-Proud Mary
by TerranceDC
Wed May 10, 2006 at 04:47:48 PM PDT

OK. I wasn't going to say anything about Mary Cheney's recent full-court-press to promote her book in the media, but my bullshit meter just went so far in the red that I can't stand it any more. I kept my mouth shut and just changed the channel when Mary did her face time with Diane Sawyer. I said nothing when two of the biggest lesbian political power brokers gave Mary Cheney the kid glove treatment. I bit my tongue when the queer chorus of "let's not bash Mary" started tuning up.

But enough is enough. Mary apparently took a cue from her folks, and is feigning outrage over John Kerry mentioning during the debates that she's a lesbian; something everybody already knew. But it was her choice of words that stood out to me.

* TerranceDC's diary :: ::

But Cheney saves her harshest words for Bush's 2004 opponents, calling Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry a "son of a bitch'' and his running mate, John Edwards, a "total slime'' for discussing her sexual orientation during nationally televised debates during the campaign.

... "John Kerry didn't 'out me', nor did he offend or attack me by calling me a lesbian. It wasn't a secret that I was gay, and I certainly couldn't be offended by the truth,'' she writes. ``What was offensive E was that he was obviously trying to use me and my sexual orientation for his own political gain.''

To borrow a well worn phrase common among gay folks: Oh please, Mary. And while I'm at it, **** you.

Let me break it down for you, Ms. Cheney. John Kerry's not the "son of a bitch" here.

If anybody's a bitch, it's you. For the simple reason that you stood silently by and let George W. Bush and your father use my family and thousands of families like mine for their one political gain, and to boost your own fortunes as a six-figure consultant to the campaign.

What's sad is that even most gay leadership is so cowed by the the perceived power of the anti-gay, right wing bigots that you helped put into power, that it falls to a heterosexual politician to say what should be obvious to anyone with working sets of eyes and ears.

And of course, queer conservatives are breaking out the violins for Mary and family if anybody so much as looks cross-eyed them. Like we're the one's who've succumbed to insanity.

I'm not quite sure what wrongs the Cheney clan per se have done (the veep has distanced himself from the Federal Marriage Amendment).

Distanced? I suppose you could look at it that way, but here's a guy who didn't stand up for his own daughter, and a daughter who didn't stand up for herself or the rest of us. Pam noted that Mary had a chance to stand up, and chose to stand down. What Mary and her family did was to stand by and let George W. Bush and the zealots who supported him use gay & lesbian Americans and our families as scapegoats to appeal to the worst kinds of fear and hatred, for his own and their own political gain. What they didn't do was speak up against it, or to anything to apparently counter it.

There are times when silence and inaction are not neutral. They add up to complicity, and in "choosing her own path" Mary chose the route of complicity.

That it "gave her a knot in her stomach" is meaningless. How much she agonized over it doesn't matter. Maybe if it were possible to show how Mary did gay & lesbian families any good by remaining on the campaign and in the party, it would matter. Maybe if it were possible to point to anything Mary's done to effect change in her party and in the Bush administration it would matter. But it doesn't because she didn't.

The Republican Unity Coalition -- which set out to make sexual orientation a "non-issue" in the party -- seems pretty much dead, and hasn't made a peep in ages. And Mary's stayed away from it since she left it to join the Bush '04 campaign. What she's done for gay & lesbian equality since then I don't know, but it seems pretty much non-existant in comparison to what the candidate and party she helped bring to power have done against it.

That Mary had an opportunity to take a stand, and chose to stand aside is what matters. As for her reasons why, I can't put it any better than Pam did.

What a difference you could have made at the national level, Mary. The path you selected -- wealth and access to power -- is heartless, selfish and ultimately reflects badly on the purported Cheney family values that we're going to hear about over and over as you shill your book.

Mary is, first and last, a Cheney -- and more her father's daughter than anyone might have guessed. Because in the end it doesn't matter whether Mary gets it on with men, women, or any other living organism because she's a Cheney. The Cheney family's money and the Cheney family clout will always take care of her.

Because when you have enough money you don't have to worry much about discrimination or having to deal with the consequences of discrimination. Mary Cheney will never be a Laurel Hester. You can count on that. You can also count on Mary and others like her to stand silently by while simultaneously empowering people like the Ocean County Freeholders to discriminate against gay families who happen on to have the political or economic clout of the Cheney family.

As far as Mary's concerned, the Laurel Hester's of the world are on their own. It's not so much that Mary's on the side of the bigots, or not on the side of gay families. It's that she's on her own side. Period. The rest of us are none of her concern.

So, as we approach a Senate vote on the constitutional amendment that would write discrimination against me and my family, and thousands of others like ours, I can't help remembering that it's an amendment Mary helped bring to the floor by supporting the candidate and the party who dreamed it up, and not raising her voice when it could have made a difference.

But like I said, Mary's family, and their wealth and power, will keep her from facing the consequences should discrimination against the rest of us become constitutional. That and the advance on her book should be more than enough. Mary, rest assured, has got hers and will have hers no matter what. The rest of us -- to quote Mary's dad -- can go **** ourselves.

Right backatcha, Mary. Right backatcha.

0 Replies

paull

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 09:59 am
Quote:
I would imagine that it was mentioned as a way of highlighting the hypocrisy of those who love and cherish individual homosexuals who are family members, while acting to discriminate against homosexuals in general who aren't.

I think that is exactly right. The problem for the democrats is that most people see homosexuality and the other, odder aspects of gender identification, if that is what we call it, as personal tragedies, even as more and more people realise it isn't a poorly made choice but a genetic predisposition. So even if Dick Cheney IS putting a sheet on and burning crosses on gay lawns, he is appreciated for not kicking his lesbian daughter out of the house. As was usual in the 2004 campaign, Kedwards, while stating the obvious and reinforcing their stance, made the the other side look thoughtful and caring.
0 Replies