What makes you gag? The dreaded foods to appear on a table..

flushd

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:05 am
I'll eat most anything. I like a lot of foods.

I had this tofu soaked in alcohol brine. I have never tasted anything so foul and disguisting! This passes for food?!
I thought maybe something was wrong with it. Old or something.
Nope.
It is supposed to taste like this.

Bleehhhhh.

What food makes you gag, puke, or do you refuse to eat (even if its some sweet person who spent all day preparing it or will give ya pout if you won't eat some)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,587 • Replies: 55
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:10 am
Kidney.

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Anything to do with goats' milk.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 06:11 am
Not much makes me gag, really. I was brought up in one of those Eastern European households where you ate everything, absolutely no complaints accepted! This has stood me in good stead throughout my life. I will give just about any food a go! Once, anyway!
The closest to gagging for me is very under-cooked meat, of any variety. That I can't really cope with at all well. Could be because I'm not much of a meat eater anyway ....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 06:34 am
Peas, lima beans or hominy.

Oh, and any kinda animal organ like liver, tongue or brains. That just isn't supposed to be consumed ferchrissake.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 06:35 am
Brussel sprouts, and yes I did as a youngster, regurgitate when forced to eat them, that's how bad it is. I don't care much for lamb (the mere smell makes my nostrils cringe); however, I will eat it gladly if it is served.

Other than that, similar to msolga I was raised in atmospheres (three different households) where I ate whatever was placed before me and didn't even consider complaining and I ate everything, nothing was ever left on the plate or in a bowl. If I took it, it was my responsibility to finish it. The mere thrill of getting a meal was always more than enough for me. The meal meant I was being looked after and that I would get to sleep that day without a grumbling stomach...how could I not eat what was placed in front of me?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:05 pm
Sturgis -- My dad always used to say, "Take all you want; eat all you take." Makes sense to me.

The only food (condiment, really) I've come across that I Could Not Eat was Japanese fermented bean curd -- maybe the same thing you're talking about, flushd.

Then again, I've never had a chance to try that fruit -- what's the name? Supposed to smell like an open sewer but taste divine...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:06 pm
Mustard.

Mus-TURD

Ugh.

The smell makes me gag.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:09 pm
Lobster, followed by crab
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:21 pm
lol. It could be that fermented curd - I have no idea why it was in alcohol. Very vile.

I was taught to eat what ya take too. And I'm pretty much a garbage machine when it comes to edibles. To complain ever - ohh lord! that would be showing ungratitude.
So now it feels soo luxurious to complain about one food I really gagged on. Laughing

Never would have thought of mus-turd. haha. that's a cute and endearing hate.

I wonder what that fruit is.....is it pointy all over and you need to smash it open with a hammer? I right away thought of this asian fruit that starts with a D. Wish I could remember the name! I bought one once, we smashed it on the pavement, and it stunk like crazy. Thought it was rotten so didn't taste it...haven't bought another one.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:24 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Lobster, followed by crab

That sounds like an impending romance.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:25 pm
Mmmmm.... Tongue. Seriously, I love the stuff. I've never made it myself, though, so I may have to start looking up some recipes....

Gag-able food? Anything with French vanilla. I got either the flu or Rota virus right after I drank some vanilla cocoa, and I've gotten green around the gills at the smell of French vanilla ever since.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:26 pm
cow cock and collards... awful.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:27 pm
If I was found starving in the wilderness, near death from malnutrition, and someone offered me a plate of sauerkraut and beets to assure my survival, I would have to decline and choose insteads to pass with dignity.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:29 pm
I try to stay away from foods that gag me...lol :wink:

But if I have to pick, Boiled Shrimp, Banana's, and Jello....

Its a texture thing...more than the taste....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:31 pm
You don't like Nana's Jello?

Apostate!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:36 pm
Cabbage!

Hate the smell, hate the taste, plus the parental units force-feeding it to me while a chilter didn't help develop my traumatized taste-buds. Now, on hearing even the word ... cabbage ... my bowels loosen.

Have I grossed you out yet?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:40 pm
Laughing bowels loosing...

if we through all this together we'd have one nasty ass dish. I'd put money on anyone who would eat it, but I know with this crowd i'd lose that cash.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:49 pm
If I had to go on "Fear Factor" and the contest was to eat a bowl of cabbage for a million dollars (and not throw up within the hour), I'd lose.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 02:52 pm
jellyfish
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 03:51 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
If I was found starving in the wilderness, near death from malnutrition, and someone offered me a plate of sauerkraut and beets to assure my survival, I would have to decline and choose insteads to pass with dignity.

If I ate that combination, I would indeed pass.
Not with dignity.
0 Replies