Just One Of Those Mysteries

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 08:18 am
"I'm not really sure, I just woke up this morning with a really coarse and wild hair across my ass and thought .... I think I'll resign. There's really no more to it than that" Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/06/goss.resignation/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 584 • Replies: 19
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 09:19 am
Well,since you and I are not in govt,and since we arent the President,thats all the explanation we are entitled to.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 09:21 am
mysteryman wrote:
Well,since you and I are not in govt,and since we arent the President,thats all the explanation we are entitled to.

haven't had your morning dump yet I see.... have some coffee....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 09:24 am
Mysteryman - I'm the boss. You are the boss. Bear is the boss, etc.

The president and government works for us, not the other way around.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 09:57 am
I think we should have chips and electronic torture devises attached. That way, whenever we think independant thoughts (disagree with the government, for example) we can be immediately tortured into submission. That way we shall be good little patriots.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 09:59 am
careful what you wish for....
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 01:43 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Shocked WHOA.

Um... you DO realize we live in the United States, don't you? Maybe that opinion might fly in Communist Russia, Cuba or China, but it sure as hell doesn't apply here.

This guy is the head of a MAJOR agency that is responsible for our national security. Moreover, this agency has SERIOUSLY screwed up on at least two occasions (9/11 and WMD) which has led to thousands of American deaths and at least tens of thousands of deaths of Iraqi civilians.

I'd say it's very reasonable that Americans to know what the hell is going on. This "it's one of those mysteries" comments just doesn't cut it here. But don't worry about all that troublesome "thinking for yourself" stuff, MM. There are plenty of Americans that will do the thinking for you. Independent thought can be such a bother sometimes, eh?

Anyway, it won't be a mystery for much longer once the prostitutes start talking Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 01:46 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Sieg Heil Muthaphucka Laughing
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 02:01 pm
Myteryman, do you think before you type? Do you really want the gov't you write about. I agree it is just about here, but really, is that what you want?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 02:43 pm
The head of the CIA is appointed by the President.
He answers to the President,and the President (in theory,anyway) answers to us.
So,its not up to the head of the CIA to explain to you or me why he quit.
He explains to the President,and the President is supposed to explain it to us.

I know it doesnt always work that way,but thats how it is.

Or,should any govt employee that quits have to explain it on a national press conference to all of us?
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 03:01 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Or,should any govt employee that quits have to explain it on a national press conference to all of us?

Yeah, MM. Some clerk in a tiny municipal government office should be held to the same standards as the head of the Central Intelligence Agency. Rolling Eyes

Stop wasting time here and get back to the herd.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1949/sheep6zt.gif
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 03:07 pm
Yes. master. Whatever the government says is alright by me. They are so right so much of the time.

They were right about ignoring Al Queda. Must have been, all the folks who were in charge, like Condi, have been promoted.

They were right about the weapons of mass destruction. So right.

They were right about being welcomed with flowers by the Iraqis. ( The flowers are in the hands of GI spouses who hold them until they are handed the folded flag.)

They were right about having secret prisons, and torturing prisoners, and wiretapping Americans without warrants. (At least in the Contra-America, the bizarro USA, which you inhabit in your mind. )

Be good. Keep your mouth shut. Don't speak out.

Joe(Maybe they won't come for you right away)Nation
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:36 am
MM

Yup. Since we can count on Bush and his people to lie, it would have been nice if Goss had called a press conference and told us the truth.

I am really chilled by the idea that anyone so intimately connected with the military-industrial complex (i.e., DoD and Pentagon) would be even considered to head up the civilian CIA. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 06:19 am
Departments of the executive branch are created by Congress. The officials who run those departments are appointed by the President, and take up their duties at such time as two-thirds of the Senate approves. A clerk-typist in any of those agencies is appointed upon application and testing, by the Civil Service Commisstion. Comparing the Director of Central Intelligence to a clerk-typist is the kind of idiocy which one can only hope to see from the lock-step yes men who kiss the Shrub's @ss.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 07:12 am
JustanObserver wrote:

Stop wasting time here and get back to the herd.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1949/sheep6zt.gif

Hey! Lookie there! Pictures from the last DNC!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 07:23 am
Gosh, what a witless response.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:02 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Baaaaaa.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:05 am
Ah, the right is never above altering the record to further their lies.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:15 am
McGentrix wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Baaaaaa.

Trying to paint the Dems, who are accused often of being disorganized and unable to agree on anything, as sheep is beyond witless actually. It is downright stupid.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 01:13 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Hey! Lookie there! Pictures from the last DNC!

MAN that was weak.
0 Replies