New Vocabulary Word

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 12:30 pm
Bi-Panderer
Laughing

Bush sang Star Spangled Banner en español during 2000 campaign
Wed May 03 2006 09:35:20 ET

"When visiting cities like Chicago, Milwaukee, or Philadelphia, in pivotal states, George W. Bush would drop in at Hispanic festivals and parties, sometimes joining in singing "The Star-Spangled Banner" in Spanish, sometimes partying with a "Viva Bush" mariachi band flown in from Texas."

So writes author Kevin Phillips in his book AMERICAN DYNASTY.

Last week, at the height of the illegal immigrant's boycott build up, Bush told reporters: "I think the national anthem ought to be sung in English."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 420 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 01:32 pm
Ok, how about this idea. Make it illegal to sing the national anthem in Spanish, make it retroactive, then you guys will have a good reason to toss Bush into jail.

See how helpful I can be? :wink:
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:04 pm
Well it does look pretty hypocritical and I see what you're goin for but he says the anthem "ought to be sung in English" not that one "is not allowed to sing it in Spanish". I'm nitpicking I know but I don't think technically he's gone against his word, but then again the whole line I have that he told reporters is "I think the national anthem ought to be sung in English."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:22 pm
quite right el diablo ... what he should have said was "The Star Spangled Banner should be sung in English unless I'm sucking Hisapnic dick for votes"

Glad we cleared that up.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:24 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
quite right el diablo ... what he should have said was "The Star Spangled Banner should be sung in English unless I'm sucking Hisapnic dick for votes"

Glad we cleared that up.

Touche. I hate how hypocritical politicians can be when it comes to getting votes. 'Tis a sad side effect of democratic republics I guess.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:32 pm
blueveinedthrobber had his tongue set firmly in his cheek and wrote:

Glad we cleared that up.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:28 pm
As Bumblebee Man :

Señor Bush no es bueno! Laughing
0 Replies