Media Bias: Tucker Carlson vs. Eric Alterman

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:08 am
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8590759217793856462&q=Tucker+Carlson&pl=true
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,225 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:02 am
Book mark

Joe(thanks for posting this)Nation
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:24 am
I haven't watched it entirely yet, but it does seem interesting.
Tucker begins by addressing the claims that he is biased.
"Of course I'm biased, I'm way off to the right. I'm this close to stockpiling weapons and moving to Idaho."
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:32 am
candidone

Thank you very kindly for that link. I'd read Alterman's column just before he headed west for this debate and had very much wanted to see it, being a fan of both of these fellows.

In exchange, permit me to point out a written conversation just beginning between Robert Kagan and Amartya Sen... http://www.slate.com/id/2140932/entry/2140934/
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:34 am
Thanks for the link, watched and enjoyed the whole thing.

Tucker isn't as much of a dick as he seems on TV; but, pretty close.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 11:58 am
Personally, I was surprised at the distinction Carlson made between conservatives and liberals around the 1:05:00 mark onward.

I have to go, but I'll hopefully return to see what comes from you guys with respect to his comments.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 08:36 am
Alterman said, in his column that ran just previous to him flying off for this debate, that he sincerely liked Carlson. At the beginning of the debate, he correctly noted that Carlson has some journalistic achievements that ought not to be forgotten, ie bringing to public view the incident where, when asked what a female convicted of murder might say to Bush in terms of an appeal, Bush responded in a whining voice, "Pleasssse don't hurt me" and he and Rodriquez thought that awfully funny.

Add to that one, Carlson's reporting (in one of his books, then later in an interview I saw) of Bush's profligate use of "fukk" in a conversation with Carlson and Karen Hughes during an Air Force One flight. In the later interview I mentioned, he related how Hughes had called Carlson (after hearing he'd put the account in his book) and insisted that this had never happened. Carlson said it was the most bald-faced lying he'd ever experienced.

And, I've heard him derogate Ann Coulter pretty mercilessly.
0 Replies