Why does it all go at once?!?

Wy

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:55 am
I'm just here to moan and groan. I have a small stacked washer and dryer. The washer drum is atilt and shakes the whole house when it spins. I had a problem a while ago with the dryer not heating and it cost me $125 to have A FUSE replaced - $16 for the fuse and the rest for knowing where to put it. Sheesh. If a fuse costs $125, what's a really broken washer gonna run me??? I don't know how old this unit is; it was well used when I moved in six years ago. I know a new unit like this will run about $700. I also know that these small stackers don't show up in used appliance stores as much as their larger cousins - which I don't have room for.

Oh, and last night the microwave blew up. The age of that I know; it's 16 years old.

And, as usual, there isn't an extra dime in the budget. So the question is, what do I fix first?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 733 • Replies: 2
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 10:02 am
Sounds like your having a tough time.
I would say fix whatever you need/use the most.

Our microwave is 21 years old and still going strong.

Our heaters broke over winter so a few thousand had to be forked out to fix them.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 02:45 pm
Well, it's easier to take a burrito to the stove than a load of laundry to the laundromat... Smile

I went through something like this a couple years ago, when I had to replace the hot water heater, the bathtub, and something else, all in one month. Had a bit more reserve then, tho.

There's a scratch-n-dent / appliance repair place just a short walk from here (work). I'll stop by there and see if they can help.
0 Replies