Argh! Sick child!

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 09:38 am
Well, there are immunities gained from having been sick, and presumably you've been sick in your life much more often than she has.

Anyway, glad you have a reprieve, fingers crossed that you won't come down with whatever she has.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:31 am
Littlek--

Do "E" and her family live in a third world country with hot and cold running sewage in the streets?

If not and you and "E" are both products of the pampered and sanitary Western World, you have more immunities than she does because you've been exposed to more germs.

Besides, Thursday was yesterday. The nasty intestinal viruses have an incubation period of at least 3 to 7 days.

Obviously you don't wanna be rational--and I don't blame you a bit for your laudable instinct for self-preservation. Still, what would Mary Poppins Do?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 06:21 pm
Mary Poppins taught parents to be parents, and then she went on her way.

She's a very interesting character.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 06:26 pm
Ok, Noddy, let me put it this way. I get sick more often than E does. And I assume this is because I care for two kids, as I sadi. But, all the same, when she does get sick, it doesn't usually knock her down for long.

Beth's right about Mary Poppins, but I still don't remember a circumstance when the kids were sick and needed tending to. Except the pre-emptive spoonful of sugar business.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 06:33 pm
I always liked the movie, but the books are more interesting. Mary P wasn't that sweet a character. More of a tough nut. As good British nannies are apparently supposed to be.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 06:35 pm
My Mary Poppins dates back to the books. That Mary Poppins didn't reckon parents had enough talent to be reformed.

Ms. Travers was not at all happy with the movie. Mary Poppin's astringency had been removed.

Meanwhile, LittleK has a weekend ahead with No Kids. Bliss.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 05:33 am
littlek: Plague Vector.

Euthenasia. That works, but it's hell on the paycheck.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:06 am
ohmy!
0 Replies