Freedom Tower Construction Has Begun

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:00 am
Good news, construction of the Freedom Tower has begun. The bad news... They're still calling it Freedom Tower.

I don't know about you, but I don't really associate Towers with freedom, do you? I mean, remember Rapunzel locked up in a tower? The Tower of London? The Tower of Babel? Towers just aren't really associated with freedom.

And don't get me started on the design. Who thought a new design would be a good idea?

Rebuild the twin towers as they were but with improved security designs. That is the best sign to show how defiant the US is against terrorists.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 652 • Replies: 8
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:02 am
I agree that the old design should have been preserved, for the same reason you stated.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 02:39 pm
About damn time.

And yes, the new desighn sucks. The towers were pretty damn cool as they were.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 02:45 pm
Re: Freedom Tower Construction Has Begun
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
And don't get me started on the design. Who thought a new design would be a good idea?

We should consider ourselves lucky they didn't design it to look like a giant hand flipping the bird topped with a billboard that says "Hey Bin Ladin!"
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 04:00 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

We should consider ourselves lucky they didn't design it to look like a giant hand flipping the bird topped with a billboard that says "Hey Bin Ladin!"

Put it that way, we should be glad it doesn't look like Michael Jackson.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 06:19 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

Thats the design I would have preferred.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 04:23 am
mysteryman wrote:

Despite the fact that such a design would merely make people think that the US is full of childish immature people? And yes, I'm well aware such a design is impossible, so the question really is moot.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 06:44 am
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/2/E/newwtc.jpg
Unfortunately, wolf, such a design is not entirely impossible. All you need is a small building along one side, angled out away from the rest, to represent the thumb, and there you go.
The good news is, our government is just smart enough to not use this design.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 10:56 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Despite the fact that such a design would merely make people think that the US is full of childish immature people?

"Freedom Tower" in and of itself, is a damn good indication that you've hit the nail square on the head, Wolf.
0 Replies