HBO's "Rome" Begins Production on Second Season!

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 12:26 pm
ROME Begins Production of second season

HBO's epic drama series ROME has begun production on its ten-episode second season, it was announced by Carolyn Strauss, president, HBO Entertainment. Filming of the new episodes will continue at Rome's Cinecitta Studios through next October, with debut set for 2007.

"This exciting series offers a spectacle unlike anything else on TV," noted Strauss. "The new episodes of ROME will go deeper into the intriguing characters and provocative storylines that made the first season a hit with critics and subscribers."

Chronicling the fall of a republic and the rise of an empire, the first season of ROME wrapped last December. TV Guide hailed it as a "feast for the eyes" and a "ripping good story," as well as a "shamelessly enjoyable historical romp," while the Washington Post described the series as "ravishing and wickedly shocking," and "a feast for the senses that includes generous portions of food for thought." In addition, ROME received two Golden GlobeĀ® nominations: Best Television Series - Drama and Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama (Polly Walker).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,146 • Replies: 10
No top replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:24 pm
Awesome, this show is great, I think it should be offered on CBS once a week or something (just incase you're a man in an executive position).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:15 pm
I don't think CBS would do well with this show. First of all, it would have to delete scenes that even make the dead corpses on CSI look tame. It would be the castrated version of Rome.
0 Replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:22 pm
I like that, "castrated".
Now that I think of it, that is true.
But its just such an awesome show that more people should know about and watch it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:30 pm
It's highly regarded around A2K. There was a thread running through last season. I will search for it.

What I really appreciate is the production design. It's has the artistic integrity of a very fine motion picture, maybe even better. Ah, those rich reds, against amber, black and deep blues. The actors are having a great time with their parts and it's hard to pick out the best performance,
it's so expertly directed. A great companion mini-series to "I, Claudius."
0 Replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:22 pm
I agree, the artistic aspects of the show are both stunningly detailed and historically accurate. You'll never catch something off guard (unlike Gladiator, where one of the gladiators had an electronic watch on)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:29 pm
I think every film has some gaffes in it -- they'd rather not reshot a really successful scene because there's an out-of-place object in it. Not that I've detected any gaffes in "Rome" but I did appreciate the production design overall in "Gladiator."

With "Rome," they had be at the opening credits -- as good as "Carnavale" if not better.
0 Replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 08:00 am
Lightwizard wrote:
With "Rome," they had be at the opening credits

What does that mean?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 08:24 am
A typo and a play of words from "Jerry McQuire." They had me at the opening credits, not "be."
0 Replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 04:43 pm
oh.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 07:01 pm
The opening credits sequence with the soundtrack music really transports one back to that time. The wall art coming to life, the three-dimensional effect which is not overdone and the colors are really beguiling.
0 Replies