Kosher Sex?

husker

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 12:52 pm
quotes from here http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 12:55 pm
New Haven, husker's quotes were from the link I posted. According to Judaic law, it could certainly be interpereted that a healthy sex life between spouses IS a moral sex life.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 12:57 pm
By which commandment?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:02 pm
Test!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:06 pm
The pupils will get you if nothing else does!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:07 pm
Unless yer messin' with us, the 613 Mitzvot would be the source....the opinion of the rabbis would be interperetation, of course.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:08 pm
I know that. But which one of the 613?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:15 pm
urgh...somewhere in a subsection of #248...why, does it matter? Razz
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:16 pm
"We have to have the facts mam"!

Joe Friday (Dragnet)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:24 pm
I'm not a mam, so therefore not obligated to give you the facts Razz
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 02:55 pm
New Haven wrote:
ORAL SEX:

A Rabbi, I consulted has informed me, that the only place where "oral sex"
is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible, as far as he knows iis in "The Song of Songs". To figure this out, you have to be Hebrew-proficient.

Hey your Rabbi is more on the ball than i thought.

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about, and yes you have to go to the Hebrew because like I said it's more explicit than the English translations riddled with euphemisms.

In the KJV they are kissing navels. Reminds me of the joke "that's not my belly button!" "it's not my finger either"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 02:55 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Here is Rabbi Boteach's opinion:

Host says:

what about oral sex?

Rabbi_Boteach says:

Now you're getting controversial. I got into a lot of trouble on that one. Basically, the Torah prohibits intentional destruction of seed. But, I contend that oral sex does not constitute this since the couple is not looking to frustrate the impregnation process but rather simply to do something new so that their sex doesn't become boring. The most important thing is always to have a healthy sex life with your spouse.

He wrote a controversial book called, funny enough, 'Kosher Sex'. A simple Google search will give you lots of info about it.

The Torah does not forbit the intentional destruction of semen.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:09 pm
Craven...Onan? That story is quite explicit...
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:29 pm
The statement is something like "Thou shalt not waste thy seed on sterile soil". ( My rough recollection of that part of the Torah).

Sterile soil would waste the seed(s), because of the impossiblity of any fertilization ever taking place.

CAV:

Was this said in that part of theTorah, where a man is by law required to marry his brother's widow?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:33 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I'm not a mam, so therefore not obligated to give you the facts Razz

I see! Embarrassed
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:38 pm
Well, in terms of the 'spilling of the seed' issue, seems women win out again Very Happy This should clarify:

Jewish law clearly prohibits male masturbation. This law is derived from the story of Onan (Gen. 38:8-10), who practiced coitus interruptus as a means of birth control to avoid fathering a child for his deceased brother. G-d killed Onan for this sin. Although Onan's act was not truly masturbation, Jewish law takes a very broad view of the acts prohibited by this passage, and forbids any act of ha-sh'cha'tat zerah (destruction of the seed), that is, ejaculation outside of the vagina. In fact, the prohibition is so strict that one passage in the Talmud states, "in the case of a man, the hand that reaches below the navel should be chopped off." (Niddah 13a)

The issue is somewhat less clear for women. Obviously, spilling the seed is not going to happen in female masturbation, and there is no explicit Torah prohibition against female masturbation. Nevertheless, Judaism generally frowns upon female masturbation as "impure thoughts."

Yep, NH, seems like it might have been...
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:44 pm
Not female masturbation but something else. I would suspect self-induced abortion by eating some of the alkaloidal vegetation, that was around in those days. (Which are still around ).

They are the ergot alkaloids. Sad

In the case of a woman, "spilled seed" would be the aborted fetus.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:57 pm
Hmm...my Hebrew is way rusty, so don't expect me to tell you anything about the original texts Sad
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:59 pm
Song of Songs?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 05:10 pm
I cannot consider myself a great expert on Judaism (despite of my location and citizenship), but I know that basic approach to sex in this religion is not so much different from this in Christianity: sex is "kosher" when it is in wedlock and intended for procreation.
0 Replies