Neil Young Jumps on Impeachment Bandwagon

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 06:32 am
New Album Debut "Living with War"

Quote:
.this is about exchanging ideas... it's about getting a message out. It's about empowering people by giving them a voice. I know not everyone believes what I say is what they think. But like I said before.. ya know.. red and blue is not black and white. We're all together. It's a record about unification." -Neil Young (4/18/06)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 597 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:38 am
Neil Young is Canadian. Unless you've got evidence that he has taken out American citizenship and will be voting for someone who will vote for impeachment, this is meaningless. If you do have such evidence, his opinion is worth exactly as much as any other voter's opinion, and no more.

You really do neither yourself nor those who oppose this criminal administration any favors with your outrageous theses, which you are often unable to defend in an articulate manner. To impeach means to indict. Constitutionally, the House of Representative impeaches government officers, which is to say, brings an indictment against them. They are then tried in the Senate, two thirds of whom must vote for conviction. Unless and until the 2006 elections give the Democrats a significant majority in the House of Representatives, he won't be impeached--two thirds of Republicans still support him, and Republican members of the House are not going to vote to impeach. Unless and until the 2006 elections give the Democrats two thirds of the Senate, he wouldn't be convicted if he were impeached--the same dynamics apply to the Republicans in the Senate.

This is just more fantasy--and i strongly suspect you only start a thread like this because you want to spark a bitch-fight with the conservative usual suspects. How very pathetic of you.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:25 pm
I wish this was in the music forum, though I see why Roxxanne put it here.

But, I love the guy.

Anyway.

Here's a link to a CNN interview with Neil:

I hope you'll watch it to the end.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:38 pm
Link works but won't play, I like NY!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:46 pm
I was so glad to see that the in-studio newsperson nailed the in-the-field newsperson for her stupid-ass remarks about him selling out. She is clueless!
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:05 pm
Sorry Chumly! Works for me.

I'm glad you saw it 'k.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:00 pm
Heart of gold..
0 Replies

paull

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:13 am
I love Neil Young. I worked on his Davenport, Ca. ranch 33 years ago and he was a regular guy, including a nearly perpetual buzz.

However, it is merely a bandwagon he is on, the latest of many. He is lyrical, not right.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:45 am
littlek wrote:
I was so glad to see that the in-studio newsperson nailed the in-the-field newsperson for her stupid-ass remarks about him selling out. She is clueless!

I think the in-the-field reporter got it right. That charge is going to be made by the more rabid Bush supporters. She gave Young an opportunity to get out front on that issue and address it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:46 am
Acq - Obviously that wasn't her intention. She looked like she might barf when the in-house guy told her she was stupid.

But, good point.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 03:25 pm
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 04:17 pm
Neil Young is a writer. Despite Stanta's swill, writers do exercise greater influence over public opinion than the average joe.

Tell me that Dylan didn't influence people's opinions in The Sixties and I will agree with Setanta's narrow view.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:06 am
Referring to my remarks as "swill" and "narrow" does not alter a reality which you are unwilling to acknowledge. A majority of the House of Representatives is necessary to secure a bill of impeachment; two thirds of the Senate are required to convict anyone who is impeached. The Democrats don't have the votes to effect either goal, and although the Shrub's approval rating is at an all time low, more than half of those polled who identify themselves as Republicans state that they believe he is doing a good job. The prospect of any Republican voting to impeach, or any Republican Senator voting to convict were he impeached are slim to none.

That's swill you have to swallow, like it or not.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 08:10 am
http://www.jtmp.org/ http://www.jtmp.org/images/thumbnails/Sep24_WagePeace_092405_tmb.jpg
0 Replies