http://www.majorityreportradio.com/weblog/archives/IMG_1118.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 871 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 09:43 pm
What on earth are you thinking this photograph shows?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 09:51 pm
Oh...getting too close to someone...especially someone trying to do a job...and especially given the power differential... and calling them "honey" IS tacky.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 05:21 am
Were they holding hands or shaking hands?
honey can be tacky, however, I'd have to see it in the context it was said.

They don't look too close in that photo to me.
Foot brushing against his leg, give me a break.

Much ado about nothing.

Next thing you know, people will be posting about near naked avatars.

This wasn't even worth a look.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 05:46 am
Check the link.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 06:09 am
Quote:
Elliott on the Majority Report last night:

"[Harris] took him by the hand and led him over to the bar and said she wanted to have a 'nuclear' conversation with him...and wanted to 'talk about nuclear technology.' Then she led him back to the table and sat him down, sat next to him, and her foot was brushing against his foot, her knee was half-an-inch away, she leaned in real close and started calling him 'honey.'"

The poor young reporter told Elliot:

"I had my face in my notepad a lot, because everytime I looked up she was so close to me."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:56 am
dlowan wrote:
Check the link.

I did, that's how I knew about the hand holding and foot brushing.

This is total bullsh!t.

She led him to a table....not a bed.
So what? she called him honey....oh my god, run her out of town on a rail, she called someone 1/2 her age honey.

her foot brushed against his? Again, so what?

her knee was 1/2 and inch from his? And........?

She leaned in....it just gets more and more ridiculous. Is the picture an example of her leaning in? Jesus, look at her, her cleavage is just about covering up his face.

what is this? slow day in the news?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:28 am
Obviously, Chai Tea doesn't get it, probably something to do with not understanding the context of Katherine Harris. (if she saw the Sean Hannity interview, for instance) As described by the observer, this was a truly bizarre event. The young reporter was petrified by her advances. Majority Report's site got so many hits on this that it shut down.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:39 am
Frankly, as a guy, I'd feel more than a little awkward if somebody my mom's age was rubbing their foot on mine and leaning too close, calling me honey.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:44 am
Chai Tea wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Check the link.

I did, that's how I knew about the hand holding and foot brushing.

This is total bullsh!t.

She led him to a table....not a bed.
So what? she called him honey....oh my god, run her out of town on a rail, she called someone 1/2 her age honey.

her foot brushed against his? Again, so what?

her knee was 1/2 and inch from his? And........?

She leaned in....it just gets more and more ridiculous. Is the picture an example of her leaning in? Jesus, look at her, her cleavage is just about covering up his face.

what is this? slow day in the news?

Whatever.

I think if it were a powerful male doing that to a young female reporter it would be seen as most inappropriate ...and sauce for the goose.

But I am not getting in some drama about it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:10 am
Still looking for the video of her telling Sean Hannity that she is going to lay it all on the line by using her "father's legacy" a $10 million inheritance, turns out she lied anyway this video is worth a look also.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:10 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Frankly, as a guy, I'd feel more than a little awkward if somebody my mom's age was rubbing their foot on mine and leaning too close, calling me honey.

goo goo ga joob Mrs. Robinson.....
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:15 am
Nothing in the photos would indicate she was being inappropriate in any way. Now if she was calling him "honey" and such, and he took offense to it, why didn't he just ask her politely not to do so? Unless of course at the time he enjoyed it. Maybe he read something into it that wasn't there, and once the interview was over and it became obvious she wasn't coming on to him, he decided to grab some headlines and get even?

See how easily something can be manipulated in order to cast a public person in a poor light?

Nothing here but an attempt to smear a candidate running for office.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:20 am
And before anyone misunderstands where I'm coming from, if she did call him honey and interact with him in an overly personal way, it was inappropriate on her part. And just another reason I don't think she should be elected.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:45 am
Mary Jo Kopechne and Marilyn Monroe were unavailable for comment on this. Monica Lewinsky offered some tips that cannot be printed here. J. Edgar Hoover's dressmaker approves of Ms. Harris' outfit. Christine Keeler thinks certain Yanks have sex on the brain.

I bet that kid had some trouble walking upright for a few minutes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:47 am
hilarious . . .
0 Replies