Top Democrat on House Ethics Panel Steps Down Temporarily.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 07:16 pm
Source
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does this play out. Head of the Ethics Panel now being busted for being unethical.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 655 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 07:48 pm
If he's a guilty scumbag he needs to go... how else is it supposed to play out?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 07:57 pm
Let's check the scorecard... one Democrat. Tom DeLay under indictment and facing criminal charges; Bill Frist facing SEC and Justice Dept. investigations; Karl Rove a suspect in commiting treason.

Yeah, I can see why someone would want to spotlight the Democrat, alright.

Pay no attention to the crowd of men behind the curtain!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 01:22 pm
Because "some" republicians have been busted it isn't right to investigate the democrates as well? I didn't know only one party could be guilty of things and the other completly innocent. It should be spread across the board on investigations. You know as well as I do that both are guilty it just find it funny that when a dem gets busted everyone turns the other direction and wants to only focus on the reps.

You know the funniest thing about this whole thing is the fact that the head of the ethics panel is going to face charges. Most funny.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 02:32 pm
Yes, almost as amusing as the "morality" party leading head and shoulders above the rest in indictments and investigations...

Maybe corruption is a family value of which I was unaware.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 03:20 pm
Indict all scumbags regardless of party and let the chips fall where they may.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 03:55 pm
Democrat under investigation - leaves his position of authority.

Delay - didn't leave leadership until indicted
Frist - still holds his leadership position while under investigation
Rove - still works at WH while under investigation
Libby - worked at WH until indicted
Ney - ?

Interesting that someone would leave their authority position BEFORE being indicted. A sense of decency perhaps?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:04 pm
the dems need to cross their t's and dot their i's and not let this opportunity to regain power slip through their fingers, that's for sure.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:52 pm
Frankly, I don't care which party they belong to, they should be prosecuted if they're dirty. But this is such an obvious sleight of hand ploy. Don't pay attention to the rampant culture of corruption in the GOP, look over here at this guy! If politicians were magicians, the Republican Party would be Siegfried, Roy, David Copperfield and David Blaine all rolled into one.

It may be good for the Democrats, but it's just plain horrible for the country, that they're too busy screwing the public to actually govern. Of course, for the GOP screwing the public appears to BE their definition of governing!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 05:10 pm
Blacksmithin got that right.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:51 am
Parados makes the right point - the Dem is stepping down during the investigation.

That alone puts his conduct way above the myriad Republicans under the gun this cycle.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies