Anyone tried Teecino?

dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:09 pm
What's it like?

It sounds great in the advertisements, but what doesn't!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,506 • Replies: 43
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:11 pm
Never heard of it. Send me some and I'll give an opinion. What is it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:19 pm
I heard of Poopaccino, where the coffee beans are eaten, then excreted by this Sumatran weasel. (looks alot like Roger)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:30 pm
And what kind of weasel, or coffee bean for that matter, looks like a donkey to a farmerman?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:03 am
Hmm...I just bought some...

Haven't tasted yet...but here is the blurb:

http://www.teeccino.com/

"America's Best Tasting Coffee Alternative

Are you searching for a way to rebuild your energy without caffeine or other stimulants? Perhaps you tasted an instant coffee substitute but found its flavor lacking in body, plus you love your coffee brewing ritual! Or you may be wondering about the effects of caffeine, caffeine withdrawal, and how to overcome a caffeine addiction (Wondering if you suffer from caffeine addiction? Take our caffeine addiction quiz to find out.) Many women are concerned about caffeine and pregnancy and the effects of caffeine on weight loss. Whatever reason has brought you to Teeccino, we have the answers to your questions about caffeine and health.

Teeccino is the best selling coffee substitute in America. Though we prefer the term “herbal coffee” (No one calls herbal tea a “tea substitute”, now do they?), we anticipate the day when herbal coffee brings as many people health and enjoyment as herbal tea does today........."
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:32 am
I just quit drinking coffee a week ago by accident. I feel better. I feel more balanced. I don't think you can really replace coffee though. Coffee is coffee. Thats like trying to replace cocaine with fake cocaine.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:22 am
Well, we shall see.

I don't wanna REPLACE it...I just wanna drink less of it...

They have fake cocaine?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 04:12 am
Try wattle seed moccachino. Not kidding.

Red ochre restaurants sell it. http://www.redochre.com.au/

Or collect your own wattleseed, toasty roast it, grind it in a spice grinder and infuse. add hot chocolate powder to taste.

http://www.sgapqld.org.au/bushtucker18.html
Quote:
Wattleseeds are among the best commercial successes. Gundabluey (A. victoriae) is the most popular selection.
About 950 Australian Acacia species have been recorded. Nearly all of them appear to have edible seeds
Quote:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 04:32 am
dlowan wrote:
They have fake cocaine?

Its called crack..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:17 am
dadpad wrote:
Try wattle seed moccachino. Not kidding.

Red ochre restaurants sell it. http://www.redochre.com.au/

Or collect your own wattleseed, toasty roast it, grind it in a spice grinder and infuse. add hot chocolate powder to taste.

http://www.sgapqld.org.au/bushtucker18.html
Quote:
Wattleseeds are among the best commercial successes. Gundabluey (A. victoriae) is the most popular selection.
About 950 Australian Acacia species have been recorded. Nearly all of them appear to have edible seeds
Quote:

Wow!

I shall soon have teecino stories to tell...

nimh wrote:
dlowan wrote:
They have fake cocaine?

Its called crack..

Oy! Laughing

Now...if the steeenking Americans had just let us all have nice, fresh coca leaves, I wonder how different things might be?

Though man that is born of woman is prone to evil as the sparks fly upwards...
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:25 am
While in Ticino (Switzerland) I've tried lots of coffees. Damn good!

Why could one want to change for worse?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:29 am
Roger, My apologis. I was recalling your rat avatar. I havent , apparently, fully adopted the burro OR, Im just going senile.
Sometimes, when I first go to A2k, the avatars are omitted for a few min. SO I didnt see the eoor
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:35 am
Francis wrote:
While in Ticino (Switzerland) I've tried lots of coffees. Damn good!

Why could one want to change for worse?

Very droll.

Worse may be in eye of beholder.

I wish to drink less coffee...and, if I can find a healthier alternative that I really enjoy, what is worse?

This stuff is supposed to be quite good for you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:10 am
coffee has its benefits.
First it keeps you alert
Then it keeps you awake
Finally, it keeps you alive.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:11 am
Never heard of it. Someone saying it is the "number one coffee alternative in America" is spewing marketing crapino. The number one coffee alternative in the U.S. is Diet Coke/Pepsi, with tea far in the distance.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:13 am
Or, for ex addicts-Fresca.
Deb-Ever try rooiboos, or red bush tea?Its loaded with no caffeine and carries bioflavinoids,AND, it tastes great.
Its the National drink of Botswana.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:40 am
cjhsa wrote:
Never heard of it. Someone saying it is the "number one coffee alternative in America" is spewing marketing crapino. The number one coffee alternative in the U.S. is Diet Coke/Pepsi, with tea far in the distance.

Coffee alternative for people NOT wanting caffeine is what I am after...coke etc have lashings of caffeine.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:42 am
farmerman wrote:
Or, for ex addicts-Fresca.
Deb-Ever try rooiboos, or red bush tea?Its loaded with no caffeine and carries bioflavinoids,AND, it tastes great.
Its the National drink of Botswana.

Lordy! Whare would one get that? I will have a look...but NOW I am gonna brew some goddamn teecino!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:46 am
Coffee alternatives? Didn't they used to use acorns during the war in place of real coffee?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:50 am
Chicory was one dillutant. New Orleans adopted chicory coffee as their own, which I find odd in a food obsessed city, as coffee gourmands sought out undiluted coffee during WWII.
0 Replies