Carl Bernstein: Senate Hearings on Bush, Now

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:19 am
Re: Brandon
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Brandon, you have to be one of the laziest posters on A2K. First, you didn't read the article and only skimmed it, whining that it is too long to meet the restrictions of your attention span. Because you are so lazy, you then demand that others do your work for you, insisting that they present facts that you can then focus on to rebut the content. Then you use the excuse that you are posting from work and don't have time to read long articles, but it doesn't stop you from posting a lot of your usual critiques of other's posts.

Shame on you for being so lazy.

BBB

You're the lazy one, always posting other peoples' words, and never your own. Being at work is a valid excuse for only skimming a long article. I merely asked for someone to state 1 or 2 specific allegations of impeachable offenses, which you seem unable to do. Either you have something specific to accuse him of, or it's just wishful thinking.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:23 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:
It'd be funny, if it weren't for all the corruption, needless death and waste.

they've desensitised me....

I think that could be more true than we would like. Any number of things that this Admin has done would have taken another down. The continuous misdeeds, fukups, and venality happen so fast one after the other, that no one thing really gets the attention it should. The minute that it does, we hear how we shouldn't be criticizing the President durin wartime because it helps our enemy. Frankly, the true enemy is in the Whitehouse!!

Anon
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:35 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Brandon, you have to be one of the laziest posters on A2K. First, you didn't read the article and only skimmed it, whining that it is too long to meet the restrictions of your attention span. Because you are so lazy, you then demand that others do your work for you, insisting that they present facts that you can then focus on to rebut the content. Then you use the excuse that you are posting from work and don't have time to read long articles, but it doesn't stop you from posting a lot of your usual critiques of other's posts.

BBB

You're the lazy one, always posting other peoples' words, and never your own. Being at work is a valid excuse for only skimming a long article. I merely asked for someone to state 1 or 2 specific allegations of impeachable offenses, which you seem unable to do. Either you have something specific to accuse him of, or it's just wishful thinking.

Indictments aren't written in soundbites. Only a true moron would try to rebut soemthing he hasn't even read. Guess what, genius? Bernstein's conclusion is not that Articles of Impeachment should be drawn up. Read the article or shut the **** up.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:38 am
I would think that the fact that 2 of the worst disasters in the history of the country happened on his watch-- 9/11 and the Katrina debacle-- despite warnings which would've raised red flags in any other administration, would be grounds for Congressional inquiry. Beyond that, certainly the veracity of the claims which led us into the Iraq quagmire also beg the question what did he know and when did he know it?

These issues seem just a tad more serious to me than did he have sex with an intern, but I'm funny that way. People's lives mean more to me than do sexual peccadillos.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:12 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

Indictments aren't written in soundbites. Only a true moron would try to rebut soemthing he hasn't even read. Guess what, genius? Bernstein's conclusion is not that Articles of Impeachment should be drawn up. Read the article or shut the **** up.

I didn't try to rebut it. I asked for one or two concise examples of impeachable offenses by the president, something which apparently none of you is able to provide. Your normal practice is to claim that the president commits several impeachable offenses every day, and then to post an ad hominem attack against anyone who asks for a specific example. Carry on. On the whole, I'd prefer your crowd living in a fantasy world of wishful thinking.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:33 pm
Brandon wrote:

Quote:
On the whole, I'd prefer your crowd living in a fantasy world of wishful thinking.

How true. Sitting at the keyboard, cutting and pasting with in a frenzy and posting 10 to 20 times in a day in an effort to reconvince each other keeps them out of trouble and ineffective. Thanks A2K!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 01:16 pm
Fox poll puts Bush approval at new low: 33% http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192468,00.html
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:07 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

I didn't try to rebut it. I asked for one or two concise examples of impeachable offenses by the president, something which apparently none of you is able to provide. Your normal practice is to claim that the president commits several impeachable offenses every day, and then to post an ad hominem attack against anyone who asks for a specific example.

Now you are just flat out lying (or delusional). I don't even post here several times a day, much less accuse Bush of impeachable offenses several times a day. If you want to respond to those accusations, feel free to respond to them if and when they are made. On those threads on which they are made.

This thread is about Bernstein's piece, it requires one to read the article in order to discuss it. So when you have the time to not only read but fully digest the piece, feel free to respond. However, it's obvious to me that you are avoding the issue because you know Bernstein has Bush dead on.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:20 pm
Tell him to prove the accusation or retract the statement. That's always good for a few laughs.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:21 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
You're the lazy one...

Here's an alternate version of what Brandon9000 wrote:
I'm rubber
You're glue
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:52 pm
Brandon proves the adage "There is none so blind as he who will not see".
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:56 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
You're the lazy one...

I'm rubber
You're glue

Typical bad logic. This would only be true had I not given a supporting argument, e.g. that she usually posts other peoples' ideas rather than her own. Contrary to your statement, defending oneself against an accusation is perfectly rational.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:58 pm
au1929 wrote:
Brandon proves the adage "There is none so blind as he who will not see".

Mere name calling - the lowest form of debate. Is this your interpretation of disagreeing with you, or of asking for evidence in a debate.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 02:59 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Tell him to prove the accusation or retract the statement. That's always good for a few laughs.

Congratulation on putting yourself in the position of mocking the idea that assertions should be supported by evidence or logic.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:01 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

I didn't try to rebut it. I asked for one or two concise examples of impeachable offenses by the president, something which apparently none of you is able to provide. Your normal practice is to claim that the president commits several impeachable offenses every day, and then to post an ad hominem attack against anyone who asks for a specific example.

Now you are just flat out lying (or delusional). I don't even post here several times a day, much less accuse Bush of impeachable offenses several times a day. If you want to respond to those accusations, feel free to respond to them if and when they are made. On those threads on which they are made.

This thread is about Bernstein's piece, it requires one to read the article in order to discuss it. So when you have the time to not only read but fully digest the piece, feel free to respond. However, it's obvious to me that you are avoding the issue because you know Bernstein has Bush dead on.

The fact is that you cannot and will not state in simple terms anything that Bush has done which qualifies as an impeachable offense. You can post ad hominems ad nauseum, and it won't advance your assertions at all.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:13 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Congratulation on putting yourself in the position of mocking the idea that assertions should be supported by evidence or logic.

Not at all. I'm not mocking an idea at all; I'm mocking your behavior. This is a statement taken almost verbatim from quite a number of your posts. You do not like facing the situation from the other side, however.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:16 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
You're the lazy one...

I'm rubber
You're glue

Typical bad logic. This would only be true had I not given a supporting argument, e.g. that she usually posts other peoples' ideas rather than her own. Contrary to your statement, defending oneself against an accusation is perfectly rational.

Your response to BBB is a classic example of the "rubber man" defensive respone.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:31 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

The fact is that you cannot and will not state in simple terms anything that Bush has done which qualifies as an impeachable offense. You can post ad hominems ad nauseum, and it won't advance your assertions at all.

For the last time, Bernstein does not present a Bill of Impeachment. Only a real simpleton would continue goofing off at work spewing nonsense then claiming he doesn't have time to read the article that is the topic of the thread.

I just do not understand why someone would pro-actively expose one's ignorance and just returning for more flagellation.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:52 pm
Hey, don't knock screwing off at work, posting on the internet. Some of us do our best work screwing off...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 04:59 pm
BTW Brandon has posted 13 times since claiming he didn't have enough time to read the article.
0 Replies