What Wallpaper Do You Have on Your Computer?

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:06 pm
Fireworks.
Some Bushisms.
Can labels from Tabasco.com (did you know they used to sell tinned okra?)
An image from the movie 'Ice Age'.
All the inhabitants of Rastepape sitting down to a meal.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 09:06 pm
My wallpaper is one of Window's options ~ the snow covered forest. Hey.....if I can't be cold, I can at least look at it!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 09:31 pm
Why do you have to ask? ....a country lane bordered by bright yellow maple leaves.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 09:45 pm
Hiya Mapleleaf!

(((((HUGS)))))
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:20 pm
Webshots.

I've been downloading new photos almost every day since I got this new 'puter a few months ago. Each day there's a new wallpaper from a photo I've saved. It's my screensaver, too. every 30 seconds there's a new photo.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:25 pm
FYI - I just remembered that many folks with Windows do not realize how easy it is to have as your wallpaper a photo you've saved into a file on your hard drive. To select one, go to:

START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>DISPLAY> and then you will have the prompt menus to help you. When you click on "Browse" in the dialog box, type in c:/ and you will be able to get to a file where you've stored a good jpg or bitmap. I save photos and clipart in three folders on my hard drive - Best Jpgs, My Jpgs, and My Documents>Pictures. Since I get bored easily, nice to have on hand a bunch of images in different sizes and resolution to call up when needed. This is also the basic method for making your own screensaver with a file of jpg images that rotate with fun transition effects.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 03:47 am
HI !
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 06:33 am
Except for a particular occasion of seeing paintings or pictures, I usually set my display to be Black on White, and hence the background of the screen is plain gray. It is good for eyes.
(On a Mac it is not difficult to change to colored screen with a single click.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 10:09 am
Tabasco started out with this aristocratic cat down south (U.S., natch) born into a family who owned this boggish island that was totally useless -- until they figured out that underneath it was an enormous block of salt. Somehow that progressed to experimenting with mixtures of vinegar and dried peppers sold in little perfume bottles, but I forget how. His family was ashamed that he was in commerce, and I think he managed to blow all the money he made somehow.

Yep, I'm a careful reader.

Carry on with your wallpaper discussion.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 10:44 am
I use Webshots as a manager and have a few of their wallpapers.
Mainly I make my own using Microsoft Photodraw. I use photos from the family collection, bits of clipart and odds and sods I download. I like using product pictures and logos and then make them into a collage. The various elements I then run thru fx channels to change their appearance with color washing, shadow or distortion. Add some text and voila. Next save them as bitmap or gif files and send them into the Webshots Manager and I can use them as wallpaper or screensavers.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 03:41 pm
Wallpaper
I vary between wallpaper and no wallpaper. Right now my background color choice is Slate which is very restful for the eyes, but not dull. The current picture is a lioness - surrounded, of course, by all my icons. This is one of Microsoft's pix, but sometimes I use one of my own photos, usually a white rose.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 06:17 am
At the moment we have a nice pic of South Beach's Ocean Drive, taken at night, showing all those neon lights that I love.

Before that, we had the green Rolex wallpaper, with a steel DayDate that really showed the time!

Screensaver is the Alfa Romeo german ad campaign for the 147 series.
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:01 pm
I'm always searching for more and better (at least good and different) wallpapers ... but usually, I switch between a home-made graphic, nothing, or one of the pictures I took last spring in southern Turkey (my favorite of those would be Pamukkale from the ground and some delapidated castle on the top of a mountain)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:05 pm
Still have my bluish green background on my computer. Haven't even attempted to put on another wallpaper.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:04 pm
Just changed my wallpaper to something perky and relavant, since I live in Iowa. Here's a link to the cartoon panels I cut from a well-known strip this fall:
I think it will appear here, but let me know if it does not.

http://www.sharemation.com/cobalt123/reallyreally4panel.gif

reallyreallyreally
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:10 pm
I just got a new Windows XP computer. I put back my bluish green wallpaper. I also changed around the look of the desktop so that it looks and behaves like Windows 98 as much as possible.

The glitz and glamor of XP is adorable..............but it made me dizzy! Sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:30 pm
a pencil drawing I made of a co worker.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:31 pm
a photo downloaded from NASA-galaxy unknown
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 10:55 pm
I always create my own wallpapers. currently it is a Wonder Woman (mahn-tahnsh) I don't know how to spell that hahah. Anyway, it's rather nice. White background w/ buncha WW graphics from the web and some personal comic books.

At work, on my PC, it's a 'little house on the prairie' type scene that I created in paintbrush over my lunch hour.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 10:55 pm
welcome back Dyslexia - very glad to see you.
0 Replies