How do you tell kids dog is dead?

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:19 pm
"The 10th Good Thing About Barney" is another good book to help deal with the death of a pet.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:22 pm
My sympathies to you and your family, McG.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 12:04 am
Wow, McG - that really sucks - nothing's going to bring the dog back, but I sure hope you get some satisfactory closure on the circumstances.

Here's a website that might offer a little ease:

Rainbow Bridge

- its a production of Pet Loss Grief Support

Among other resources they offer, here's a great article there with some good tips for helping kids get through the loss of a pet.

And my recommendation is get another dog as soon as you can bring yourself to do so, and make the kids a big part of turning the new dog into a family member.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:14 pm
I found the truth to be the best way. They have handled it as well as could be expected.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:23 am
Poor kids! I remember having to break the news to my son and it was a very difficult thing for me to do.
I always ended up taking things harder than my son did and it makes me wonder if kids can handle some things better than adults, or maybe it just seems that way to me because I have an extremely hard time dealing with death of a loved one or pet.

One thing is for sure is that kids bounce back quick and I wish that for your kids.
0 Replies