can capitalism be replaced?

shin

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:02 am
what do you think can be an alternative to neo-capitalism?

nobody seems to talk about bring up an alternative to neo-capitalism with its 'advaced' form of evils, compared to capitalism. i think it is time for us since we do realize the evils and drawbacks of this system and hence should be finding something towards welfarism.....??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 602 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 02:11 pm
Sure. You could replace it with, say, communism which worked so well for what used to be the USSR and is keeping places like Cuba and Noth Korea at the top of the highest standard of living roster. Or, what did you have in mind, shin?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 02:24 pm
What exactly are the "evils" of neo-capitalism and where have they been shown to exist?

Why should anyone worry about an alternative to a theoretical system?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 02:35 pm
I think the system we have now (which is not pure capitalism) works pretty good.

Our system is based on capitalism, but it has some regulation (i.e. anti-trust laws) that society has decided is important... and some welfare programs (i.e. WIC and AFDC) which society has also decided is important and some government run programs like research grants and public education.

The fact that we temper capitalism with government programs gives us a system that we can tweak as needs or political whim dictates.

Not perfect, but I don't think our present system of tempered capitalism should be replaced by anything.
0 Replies

shin

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 05:49 am
marry andrew--
Merry Andrew wrote:
Sure. You could replace it with, say, communism which worked so well for what used to be the USSR and is keeping places like Cuba and Noth Korea at the top of the highest standard of living roster. Or, what did you have in mind, shin?

i do agree to your suggestion marry andrew.
but at the same time we know that the USSR was not a complete success. and of course every system will have its own defects! but i mean something other than communism, may be for example, we can think of some alternative with all the merits of communism, capitalism, liberalism, gandhiism and so on?? what do you say. or do you have anything else to give?

fishin'--
Quote:
What exactly are the "evils" of neo-capitalism and where have they been shown to exist?

Why should anyone worry about an alternative to a theoretical system?

well, fishin', i suppose it is not necessary to answer regarding the evils of neo-capitalism. whether you know (are aware) it or not depends on your economic and social systems too (though).
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 05:59 am
I think we should start considering if something on the lines of a global government could be implemented. Looking at history at large, it seems to be the only logical step. But, judging from the current state of affairs, this is merely a whimsical dream.

Naj
0 Replies