Israel

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:10 pm
In a recent publication of U.S. News and World Report, David Gergen wrote an editorial titled "An Unfair Attack". In the article he issues a rebuttal to an article written by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walttitles {"The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy"}. Gergen states the following: "In essence, their 82-page piece argues that U.S. policy in the Middle East has been hijacked by a pro-Israel "Lobby." "The core of the Lobby," they say, "is comprised of American Jews who make a significant effort in their daily lives to bend U.S. foreign policy so that it advances Israel's interests." As a result, "the United States has a terrorism problem in good part because it is so closely allied with Israel." I agree with Mearsheimer and Walttitles.

Back in 1948 when the Jewish state of Israel was created, the United States and Britain agreed to allow it to exist in its present place of location. Evidently no thought was given to the long term effects of creating such a state in the middle of so many Arab countries. It would have been wiser to use this land to create a place where all three major religions could visit to practice their faiths but not be allowed to reside their. The State of Israel should have been established anywhere but the Middle East. Consequently, the United States has obligated itself to support a so-called democratic Jewish state against potential threats from the Arab monarchial dictatorships. This has indeed opened the door to undue influence from the "Jewish lobby" not only on U.S. policy in the Middle East but also on domestic policy as well. Few could doubt the negative influence they have on the media and the entertainment industry.

As for negative stereotypes, the Jews have been known to create their own. Everything from their materialistic money mongering to their history of being forcefully removed from so many countries. It always seems very ironic that the Jews continue to decry themselves as the only victims of a holocaust where in fact their own bible describes in detail how they massacred many nations and cultures. Some historians believe it was their investment money that helped sponsor the African slave trade. Even their own Talmud states that "Jesus is in hell and is being punished by being boiled in semen." Still further, while the Jews advocate diversity in the United States, only those born into Jewish families may attain citizenship in Israel. Mearsheimer and Walttitles are right and therefore the United States should withdraw from its support of Israel. Perhaps then will the so-called chosen people wisen up and learn to get along peacefully with the rest of the world.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 667 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:20 pm
As for negative stereotypes, the Jews have been known to create their own. Everything from their

materialistic money mongering

Joe. All God's children monger for money. Who has brainwashed you to hate Jews?

to their history of being forcefully removed from so many countries.

You are actually blaming them for being murdered and thrown out of other countries?

It always seems very ironic that the Jews continue to decry themselves as the only victims of a holocaust

This is not true. Who has lied to you and caused you to believe these crazy things about Jews?

where in fact their own bible describes in detail how they massacred many nations and cultures.

All God's children massacred somebody.

Some historians believe it was their investment money that helped sponsor the African slave trade.

For God's sake. Say you don't believe this, please.

Would you say who told you these things, and if your parents hated Jews. Do you dislike Jewish people before you get to know them? Do you really think Jews monger for money more than you do?
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:06 pm
Oh, if only the Madagascar Plan would have worked. The Jews would now live in a tropical paradise, without any enemies.
.....................................quote:
As part of the so-called 'Madagascar Plan', all Jews under German rule were to be deported to the French colony of Madagascar. However, this plan was rendered unworkable as long as Great Britain's Royal Navy retained control of the seas.In the winter of 1940 to 1941, Hitler commissioned a third variation of the 'territorial solution', in which the Jews would be deported to the Soviet Union after it had been conquered.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/genocide/racial_state_04.shtml
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:11 pm
Joe,

Quote:
Even their own Talmud states that "Jesus is in hell and is being punished by being boiled in semen."

Do you have ANY proof that the Talmud says this?
Personally,I think whoever wrote this is completely stupid.
0 Replies

BrendanMorrice

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 02:12 pm
Re: Israel
First of all, I have to object in the strongest terms to the anti-Semitic comments in the above post. There is no question (at least among honest observers) that there is a very powerful pro-Israel lobby in this country, backed by powerful Jewish groups and others, and that they have exerted a strong influence on U.S. foreign policy. I believe that this bias in favor of Israel has undermined the peace process in the region, has hurt the standing of the U.S. in the Middle East and the rest of the world, and has helped to create and galvanize support for terrorism.

That being said, I also believe that the anti-Semitic undertones (and sometimes overtones) of some criticism of Israel really undermines attempts to have a dialogue on the issue. Defenders of the Israeli government and the hardline, oppressive approach it takes to Palestinians are eager to dismiss any questions about their policy as being anti-Semitic and pro-terrorist. While these accusations are usually unfair, comments like those above do nothing to dispel them.

Using phrases like "materialistic money mongering" and parroting common old myths propagated by notorious anti-Semites and in forged documents like "The Protocols of Zion" is not only extremely offensive and false, but also undercuts any legitimate criticism you might make.

Bigotry and baseless paranoia have no place in civilized discourse.

~Brendan
0 Replies

JOEBIALEK

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 07:17 pm
SAME
only a Jew finds the truth anti-semitic
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:30 pm
There's a good way to get banned.

I really don't appreciate the position you have taken, Joe; not because I have a problem with you at all (I don't know ya) or that I feel that you are not entitled to your beliefs; just that you would have far more impact with your argument if you stuck to condemning Israeli actions and influence on society, and laid off condemning Jews in general.

I have major problems with Israel's policies and with our support of Israel, but I think that Judaism and Zionism are two seperate things and harbor no ill will toward my fellow man, no matter what his religion is; I prefer to judge actions than thoughts.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:10 am
Re: Israel
BrendanMorrice wrote:
First of all, I have to object in the strongest terms to the anti-Semitic comments in the above post. There is no question (at least among honest observers) that there is a very powerful pro-Israel lobby in this country, backed by powerful Jewish groups and others, and that they have exerted a strong influence on U.S. foreign policy. I believe that this bias in favor of Israel has undermined the peace process in the region, has hurt the standing of the U.S. in the Middle East and the rest of the world, and has helped to create and galvanize support for terrorism.

That being said, I also believe that the anti-Semitic undertones (and sometimes overtones) of some criticism of Israel really undermines attempts to have a dialogue on the issue. Defenders of the Israeli government and the hardline, oppressive approach it takes to Palestinians are eager to dismiss any questions about their policy as being anti-Semitic and pro-terrorist. While these accusations are usually unfair, comments like those above do nothing to dispel them.

Using phrases like "materialistic money mongering" and parroting common old myths propagated by notorious anti-Semites and in forged documents like "The Protocols of Zion" is not only extremely offensive and false, but also undercuts any legitimate criticism you might make.

Bigotry and baseless paranoia have no place in civilized discourse.

~Brendan

I agree completely with your post and cyclop's. If we can get the hate and stubbornness out of the Israel/Palestine issue a more balanced debate will start to take place in this country. I don't really hold out much hope though from either side of the issue.
0 Replies