Found: Gospel of Judas

timberlandko

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:21 pm
<sigh>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:40 pm
I don't think eagles CAN sigh, Timber....leaving aside whether they ought to or not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:42 pm
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:47 pm
Great Eastertime TV tie-in - gotta give it that.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:47 am
The Gnostics, the originators of the conspiracy theory.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:00 am
Well, to its credit, this newly discovered "bombshell text" appears to be written in a font and style at least arguably not inconsistent with its purported origin, and apparently it isn't a many-copies-removed-from-the-original anonymous fax from a Kinko's ....
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:14 am
Excellent post, Edgar. I must come back to it when I have time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:56 pm
It's an interesting topic. I would truly like to know what books the Vatican may be hiding.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:42 pm
As far as I can determine from reading biblical scholars all things (books) spoken of "spirituality" were not included in The Bible. Early bishops also refused to include anything that smacked of the feminine except, of course, Jesus' mother Mary (that would have been impossible). Notice that the Catholic Church refers to itself as the "Mother" Church. It was necessary, early bishops thought, to require humanity to reach "heaven" through the church.

Actually, why would we need an institution to intercede for us in our search for God. The church has not, thus far, done that, and it seemingly has always been corrupt.

Also, all the Gnostics, including the Christian Gnostics, were killed in its own Crusade -- by the Romans of course. All their treasure, stolen. The Roman Catholic Church became wealthy rather quickly in about the 3rd-4th century.

Without Irenaeus's Refutations of the Gnostics, we would never have know of the Gnostic Christians, who should never have been included in this document of so much hatred by Irenaeus.

Concerning Judas, I've read that he was the treasurer of the communal group (Jesus' disciples, the two Marys and Martha and possibly others but I wouldn't know and, just as spiritual leaders they were well supported financially by people such as Joseph of Aramathia whose tomb Jesus was buried.

It is very exciting to see the general populace so interested in finding truth, which is surely stranger than fiction.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:35 pm
One question that occurs to me: Why did Judas or anybody have to betray Jesus and turn him in? He was a public figure, what with Sermons on Mounts and such like. Why couldn't they wait for a quiet time and just take him?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:36 pm
That's a good question, Edgar. I don't know the definite answer to it but perhaps it was symbolic of those that would betray Christ; i.e., those that turn their back on Him and don't accept Him? Just a guess on my part.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:42 pm
ma, it's getting on to the time you need to make a edict that "christianity" has nothing to do with catholicism.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:45 pm
dys,

Sorry. Cannot accomodate you there. I am NOT one that believes Catholics are not Christian. Besides, it's not my place to decide that for anyone other than myself.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:48 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
One question that occurs to me: Why did Judas or anybody have to betray Jesus and turn him in? He was a public figure, what with Sermons on Mounts and such like. Why couldn't they wait for a quiet time and just take him?
It was necessary for him to die on the passover as he was the antitype of the passover lamb. His death would make further sacrifice unnecessary.

So, perhaps at the time his whereabouts would have been unknown to the Sanhedrin.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:49 pm
So, was there dancing in the streets?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:56 pm
neologist wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
It was necessary for him to die on the passover as he was the antitype of the passover lamb. His death would make further sacrifice unnecessary.

So, perhaps at the time his whereabouts would have been unknown to the Sanhedrin.

The boy breezes into Jerusalem on the back of a docile little ass (see illustration below), to the dinning praise of low-rent Jews in their thousands--do you make this sh!t up as you go along ? ! ? ! ? ! ?

http://erasmagazine.com/jesus/galeria/Christ%20enters%20Jerusalem.JPG

This is an image common to all sects of the Jeebus cult.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 05:28 pm
That poor little ass. Look how small compared to him.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 05:39 pm
Yeah I remember the story about a man who built a time machine so he could go back and see Jesus. It worked, and he saw Jesus when Jesus was only twelve years old. Jesus was learning the carpentry trade from his father.
Two Roman soldiers came into the shop with a mechanical drawing on papyrus of a device they wanted built by sunrise the next morning. It was a cross to be used in the execution of a rabble-rouser.
Jesus and his father built it. They were glad to have the work. And the rabble-rouser was executed on it.

So it goes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 05:51 pm
Reminiscent of The Last Temptation of Christ, the big difference being, he was an adult working without his father.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:52 pm
Setanta wrote:
neologist wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

The boy breezes into Jerusalem on the back of a docile little ass (see illustration below), to the dinning praise of low-rent Jews in their thousands--do you make this sh!t up as you go along ? ! ? ! ? ! ?
. . .
0 Replies