Electing a Jewish or black President

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:49 pm
Here is an innocent question: Has there ever been a Jewish US president? I cannot think of one.
Is it possible that one day the US will have a Jewish or a black president?
The French had several Jewish leaders, the British had Disraeli, Austria had Kreisky. The Germans had Rathenau, who was assassinated in 1922 before being elected.
There are many Jewish and black politicians in Washington, so it is possible.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 760 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:06 pm
Sure its possible that a Jew or African-American, or even a woman might be elected to our highest office. Joe Lieberman made a run for the Presidency. He was defeated early on, but not, I think, on grounds of his religious/ethnic background. Colin Powell remains a potential candidate for the Republican Party, and if he were to run I believe he probably would win. Ms. Rice is both black and the Secretary of State, an Office that has in the past been a stepping stone to the the Presidency. The Democrats may run Hillary Clinton for President, but I don't believe she could win a national election because of her radical left politics, not because of her sex.

The Democrats accused President Harding (R) of having black ancestors (not true), but he won the Presidency handily. During hotly contested elections there doesn't seem to be any real limitation to the slander and libel cast about.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:11 pm
I think if Colin Powell ran, he would have a good chance.

I remember him saying he wasnt' interested in that.

That's too bad. It's almost like even though he might not be interested personally, he could have such a tremendous impact on the future. Like sacrificing his individual wants to further the advancement of AM's, as well as Americans as a whole.

I'm not very well versed in politics, that's just my 2 cents.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:44 pm
Hillary does not have "radical left politics".

She is a moderate and an opportunist. I wouldn't vote for her because of her conservative position on many issues.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:46 am
ebrown_p wrote:

She is a moderate and an opportunist. I wouldn't vote for her because of her conservative position on many issues.

You mean the ones she fakes to fool people into thinking she is a moderate?
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:14 pm
I believe your vice-president has Jewish descent.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 01:45 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

And I wouldn't vote for her because she's too liberal and too tin hat.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 01:46 pm
J_B wrote:

And I wouldn't vote for her because she's too liberal and too tin hat.

Unless she's up against a fundy Christian and then I'm hosed.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 02:24 pm
Let's be honest. This is a country full of yokels who chose a phony "wartime" president over an actual war hero. There's no way Clem Redneck or Sally Ku Klux living in some godforsaken flyover state are ever going to vote for somebody they perceive as too beneath them.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:26 pm
I can't speak for Clem or Sally, but in my own Godforsaken state, we have the best record of voting for the presidential winner..in the last century anyway.

But, I know what you meant.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:29 pm
If Hillary is "radical left" then I guess I live in a continent full of raging commies, cause she would rank as a boring centrist (as well as nauseous opportunist) throughout Europe..
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:54 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Let's be honest. This is a country full of yokels who chose a phony "wartime" president over an actual war hero. There's no way Clem Redneck or Sally Ku Klux living in some godforsaken flyover state are ever going to vote for somebody they perceive as too beneath them.

Aside from the KKK, you'd be surprised how many would be very willing to support a Jew. Consider those yokels who are Jeebus freaks. They are all hoping the world will end with their ridiculous apocalyptic BS final battle between "good" and "evil" wherein the "chosen" people, led by Jeebus, would be the spearhead.

Running a Jewish candidate would be moot anyway. The US government is already in bed with AIPAC and no presidential candidate ever gets elected without their blessing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 01:05 am
nimh wrote:
If Hillary is "radical left" then I guess I live in a continent full of raging commies, cause she would rank as a boring centrist (as well as nauseous opportunist) throughout Europe..

We do so, I've learnt.
0 Replies